Boat Update...

Gerritt

I have been busy with work and family commitments so finding a spare couple hours to work on my boat has been difficult.. I have made some progress though... Here are some pictures..

I still need to tidy these up... and add some more Wire Wrap....the three coloured wire you see is the remote T/T wire

DSCN0108.jpg

Sterm Light Socket installed.... I was a bit nervous drill a 1-3/8" into her.... but it worked out fantastic!

DSCN0106.jpg

This is the wire that is running to the Bow Light.. I removed the Corner Brackets and feed the wire through the gunwale then wrapped it... Makes for a cleaner install I think.

DSCN0107.jpg

Here is where I mounted the switch for the Stern and Bow Lamps... It is an old school Push/Oull switch... but extremely solid and should last my lifetime! Thanks Bernie!

DSCN0105.jpg

Here is the Bow light I feel in love with when I saw it on an old cedar strip up @ Bernies place... It is unique and not like the run of the mill lamps you buy today... I just better not crack the lenses!!! You will also see I have the trolling Motor installed.

DSCN0102.jpg

DSCN0101.jpg

Seat is mounted on a quick release ...

DSCN0104.jpg

DSCN0103.jpg

The View from the rear...

DSCN0109.jpg

I still have a ton of work to do to her... I am going to take your suggestions and purchase the clamp on mount for the middle bench seat...

I also have to purchase a Ram Mount

and then I finally have to put a floor in her and she is good to go!

Hope you enjoy seeing her progress:)

Gerritt.

Looks very nice. Great job.

Not sure if I missed it or not but I would put a bilge in her if I were you. My brother added one to his and it was an easy addition as well as not too much $'s. Just added safety too...

Sherriff

I do have a bilge... but for it to be effective I would need to mount in the centre of the boat @ the transom (due to the "V").. Meaning it is in my way...

My solution was to put the Bilge on Alligator clips for the time being (until I put in a full floor) and make it a portable unit.... so I am not stepping on it etc....

Once I get the floor in I will make is a permanent fixture.

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

looking good there.. very clean...

i need to fix mine up.. i only did a quick job in the summer when i didnt have to much time, now next week, i will, and fix er up.

but for me, i followed lew's advice, i put the trolling motor at the very tip and stuck the bow lights behind it, but the lights were removable and and had like a 10inch shaft.

let me see if i can find lew's picture...

once again, very nice, gerrit.

cheers

Gerritt, looks great, especially that brown bottle ;) one thing i noticed about the trolling motor, is there enough support for the bracket mount? or are you just screwed into the thin aluminum? if so, depending on lakes to be fished, you might want to beef up that mounting area with some thicker alum or a steel plate. How high are you bringing the floor up? are you going to put an elevated front casting platform? Keep up the good work!!!!

ps, also with the power dive trolling motor, you might want to support the collar close to the head so it doesn't bounce/flex and possibly crack. A lot of guys with kotas use a ram mount, not sure what type though.

Gerritt, looks great, especially that brown bottle ;) one thing i noticed about the trolling motor, is there enough support for the bracket mount? or are you just screwed into the thin aluminum? if so, depending on lakes to be fished, you might want to beef up that mounting area with some thicker alum or a steel plate. How high are you bringing the floor up? are you going to put an elevated front casting platform? Keep up the good work!!!!

ps, also with the power dive trolling motor, you might want to support the collar close to the head so it doesn't bounce/flex and possibly crack. A lot of guys with kotas use a ram mount, not sure what type though.

Hi,

What you really cant see in the pictures is the trolling motor is mounted on a piece of 5/8" Marine Grade Plywood... Under the aluminium of the front is 3/4" plywood what was installed @ the factory... a few over sized washers and she is solid :thumbsup_anim: I should also mention that I put rubber washers between the quick release plate and the plywood. It acts as a bit of a shock absorber. I will be looking into a way of securing the "head" of the motor as well.... I never bothered on the old boat... but why chance it I figure..

I have made a decision on how the floor will be secured as well... 2x2 Aluminium Angle, w/ 2x2 square Tube Aluminium for cross bracing. The angle will be placed on the front and middle benches secured with Structural steel epoxy and 3/4" SS Screws. This epoxy is insane.. and is actually used in structural application where it bears ALOT of weight... it is also used in the manufacture of Airplanes etc.. it is not cheap but effective...And weather tolerant. If anyone wants more info I will be more then happy to give out the supplier... I am thinking 5/8" Marine grade for the floor... to help keep weight down... the base will be strong enough where it will not be flexing.

Gerritt.