finally went fishing (Pics Added)

motv8tr

Spent the day with two of my favorite fella's today...my best friends boys Daelin who is 6 and his brother Kaeleb who is 3. For Christmas I gave them each their own fishing rod/reel and full tackle box...today was the first chance they had to put them to use. After a slow start I met up with them at Amanda's moms and we headed off with two very excited young men to Bobcaygeon to see my mom and Beans. We arrived there around 11 or so and decided it would be best to have lunch first, then go fishing...much to Daelins dismay ;) .

Beans met us at the dock and he helped Daelin get set up and I took care of Kaeleb.

gallery_46_17_63302.jpg

gallery_46_17_54201.jpg

Set them both up with small tubes and a float. Kaeleb was the first to get his line in the water and in less than a minute he had a fish on!!! :thumbsup_anim: He was pretty excited about that...not sure but think it was his first fish ever!

gallery_46_17_31403.jpg

Not long after that Daelin had his line in the water and again in less than a minute...Fish On! :thumbsup_anim:

gallery_46_17_33836.jpg

I'm not sure but I think they were both Blue Gills...one could have been a rock bass :dunno: . The boys were pretty hyped up now...like they needed more of that :rolleyes:

After that it was getting really warm and all that came near their tubes were fish to small to take the tube...but the boys had a good time watching them :D . Kaeleb got boared after a bit of not catching and went up to the picnic table and played with his platic worms...which he had a lot of fun with. Beans pulled out his pink grubs and Kaeleb thought they were too cool and Beans was good enough to give him one, which Kaeleb promptly named "cutie"...it wasn't long before he decided that "cutie" needed a brother and sister ;) .

gallery_46_17_57507.jpg

While Kaeleb was busy playing with his "pets" Daelin was busy trying to catch another fish...and he did! well sort of...I had my rod and reel with me and put on a plastic shiner, had it sitting in the water while untangling a knot in my line. Got the knot out and started to reel it in and lo and behold a little fish was attatched...figures ;) . I passed my rod and let Daelin bring it in...he enjoyed that and so did I. A little later his mom came down to the dock to see what was happening and again his line was in a knot around the reel. While waiting for me to finish re-tying my line she bounced the tube in and out of the water and sure enough...the biggest fish of the day...again not sure what it was...but Daelin brought it in and was thrilled! And that's all that mattered to me.

gallery_46_17_53369.jpg

gallery_46_17_28921.jpg

This young fella could sit for hours waiting for a fish...what a natural :D

gallery_46_17_7202.jpg

All the pictures were taken by Amanda who is house sitting for her mom and unable to downlaod them. I hope to have them tomorrow night or Wed.

All in all it was a great way to spend the day!

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

Good on ya Moe and Norm for looking after the little ones. Tell the boy there's nothing wrong with playing with your grubs and giving them names. Looks like a great time for them. Thanks for the report.

Awesome stuff Maueen!! This is what it's all about. I love stepping back and watching kids fish. The excitement and smiles makes my day. My little plays with and names our bait as well...especially live bait...LOL. She plays with real worms and minnows whenever she gets the chance.

Great report and pics...thanks a lot for sharing!