First report with new boat

The new boat… first report

We’ll here is our first report on the new boat…

We arrived at CrappieSteve’s Saturday morning, around 8: am… got him awake and headed to pick up the boat.. Nino was great in giving us all information needed and ALL manuals too… thank you Nino….

We left with the boat and headed for Timmy’s … here’s a pic of Chuck and Steve checking something out while I ran into Timmy’s for everyone….

Boat004.jpg

We were heading for some fishing on Lake O… but CrappieSteve’ found out his sister was on her way and instead of fishing, we headed for home, bringing Steve with us to save his sister some time, (She was coming from Wasaga Beach…. And heading for Montreal) No problem for us, and we were glad to do it.. Chuck really wanted to get home and pull everything out of the boat, and replace it, so we’d know where everything was… We arrived home and as Chuck was removing all the covers, my son jumps in to check it all out.. He’s as excited as we are, even went out Sunday morning and bought himself a fishing lic. Lol

Boat006.jpg

We couldn’t wait for Sunday morning and took the boat out for a cruise, no fishing, but enjoying and checking it all out. My son and his girlfriend came along for the first ride….

Dustin and Chandelle enjoying the ride…

Boat018.jpg

My son, enjoying getting soaked… lol

Boat017.jpg

Chuck, showing great pleasure in soaking Dustin…lol

Boat016.jpg

All went well for the first trip out with the boat, no surprises either…

Saturday night, we were really pumped about getting out fishing Sunday morning… We got everything ready but the food..

Sunday, July 22, 2007

I was up before the light again, and anxious for the trip out…. I started bugging Chuck..(Are you ready yet) from the minute he opened his eyes. lol

We headed for the J.P area to check out the whitey grounds, found lots of boats around, set up with the anchor down, and jigged for awhile before my daughter and grandkids were to arrive…. We had several hits and Chuck rolled a couple, but none in the boat. We seen several caught around us though, and thought we might come back out later and try again.

We headed over to Snake Island and visited with Shooter for a bit… Nice to see you again Shooter…

Then my daughter called to let us know she was on her way…. We shot back over to Innisfil and picked them up…

My oldest daughter with one of her boys…

CorrieSeanyonboat.jpg

Our grandson’s

Boat020.jpg

Dresean is 3 years old and just loved driving the boat.

Seanydrivingboat3.jpg

Jalin just turned 7, and is a little nervous about driving the boat, but enjoying it too…

Jaydrivingboat.jpg

Chuck and I; enjoying the ride….

Boat021.jpg

It was late afternoon with the sun high and hot, so we decided to call it a day and head home to enjoy the pool and a BBQ with the kids…..

We didn’t get time to get back out during the week, but come Saturday morning, we were up bright and early again….

Sat. July 28,

We got on Lady Simcoe by 7am.. Headed right for JP/ Willow area.. The winds were already making boating an unpleasant adventure… but we made it there without any difficulty, anchored and TRIED to jig… We were marking fish, but no takers, no matter what we threw at them…. We stayed about an hour or so, and then headed off to fish the more shelter areas, and once on the other side of the Island’s, the wind was a little more bearable, so we set up and tried out the new down rigging system and trolled along in comfort…. We played with that for awhile and while down rigging for Lakers, we were marking lots of fish, but no takers.. When we got tired of trolling, we went in search of those clumps of fish we seen on the sonar and finally christened the boat with our first fish…..

Boat023.jpg

HEY!!!! It’s a fish… lol

We moved again and I got a smaller perch.. lol We didn’t take a pic of it and they were both released…

We headed to visit a friend in the BBP area, but found out he was just leaving for work, when we reached him… So, we headed over the BBP and then further in to B.P and on into the bay… We again marked a lot of fish… We stopped and jigged, but no takers… We decided we’d had enough Sun and Wind for a day. The pool at home and cold beer sounded like a plan to me.. So, home we went.. We spent most of our time learning about our new toys, and did little fishing. We didn’t bring home anything but Sunburns, but what a great day on the water…. I was even driving the boat today and helped save Chuck’s hat… lol

Sunday.. July 29, 2007

We got onto Lady Simcoe around 7:30 am… the winds were high and to the NE… there where whitecaps everywhere so we decided to head for Roaches point and try for some Pike and Bass… first cast of the day brings Chuck his first and only snot rocket…

Chuckfirstsnotrocket.jpg

We continued to trolled and cast getting a few small Bass… We both looked to the bigger lake and seemed that it was calmer now, so we headed for the J.P area for white fish… Soon after setting the anchore down, in 80 feet of water, fish on.. Chucks over with the net, ready to assist and what shows it pretty little head, a PERCH... lol We continued to jig for awhile, but didn’t see any being caught. Because of the winds, we decided to try some down rigging… we trolled all the way back to the island’s without a hit…

Chuck’s father is here from B.C and we had dinner plans with his family so we were off the lake by noon…

Not many fish caught, but we did more cruising than fishing, just enjoying the boat and learning more about the toy’s that came with it….

We may hit another lake next weekend….

Edited by LadyWalleye

Love those pictures of the Happy Chuck and the even happier kids.

Congratulations again and lloking forward to try it with you.......mmmmmmm....maybe on January 13 2008? ;-) ha ha ha

So I don't have to pull mine all the way there in the snow :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Cheers Guys,

Ice Fisherman

Great report Shelly, I'm so glad you two got your boat, it was a long time coming. Isn't it fun to play with all the new toys :thumbsup_anim:

We'll have to come up and check it out one of these weekends, and soon. I love the picture of Chuck after giving your son a soaking, its priceless :clapping:

Joey

Thanks everyone... We really are having a blast with it... but now I'd like to FIND THE FISH... lol

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: AWESOME.

Now dont let me catch you in my spots.LOL

We were LOOKING for you Brian... lol

Hey Joey... Anytime, just give us a shout... Hopefully we'll have found where there hiding .....

Gerrit... there's an OFC sticker on ONE window so far, we've gots to order some more... lol

Lady,

just decide - Lake O. or Lake Erie and give me few days advance notice. Then drive your boat here and you could have lots of fish....real big fish too ;-)

Short of that you could invite me up on Simcoe and go after few lakers and whities but we've done that before with you ...several times haven't we? ha ha ha :Gonefishing:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

How did I miss this thread??

Oh well...I gotta say...that's a great looking boat!!! Nice to the familiy on board as well. Hey, a first fish is a first fish...did it attack a trolling spoon?? LOL.

Looked like a great time was had by all....congrats again on the new boat...you look completely at home on it already.