Music while fishing..

bigfish1965

Fishing and boat music  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Does the playing of music in the boat help or hurt your fishing results?

• Helps! Turn it up!
    • Hurts...be vewy, vewy, quiet...I'm hunting fishes!
    • No difference. Fish are tone deaf and bad lip synchers.

I like my tunes when I'm fishing. Trolling for salmon I don't know if it make any difference, Over a weed in shallow water probably would.Talk radio might be better, I put a sattelite radio on my boat for those hours the rods don't move.

Get ear phones if you want to listen to music, unless nobody else is around. Had a nice evening ruined on Rice Lake by guys old enough to know better, we moved as someone else requests for quiet were ignored.

well, i've never actually fished in a boat. but standing on shore or in a river, it's just a pain to have to deal with an ipod. i have to agree with lesculpjr that the sounds of nature are the way to go.

i do however, habitually listen to neil young on my drive home from a day on the water, especially if it involves navigating a country road.

nice poll.

-d-

I would never bring music out onto a lake .. the sound travels for miles and would almost certainly ruin someone elses enjoyment of a quiet day on the water... there are lots of places where music can be enjoyed without interfering with others.

As for me, personally ... I like the sound of the motor, the sounds of nature and the sound of my clicker as line is screaming off the reel when I get a hit ... not really a matter of whether it scares the fish .... more about WHY I go fishing ...

I like to listen to music while underway but as soon as I come off of plane I turn it off.I can see the rings of water reverberate from my boat if the water is still and I crank it up.I know the fish can feel it!

Joe

IMO it makes no difference. I got my biggest walleye trolling with AC/DC playing. We caught lots of whitefish and lakers with the tunes going. Flippin' and pitchin' pads in a very calm bay and managed to pull out a couple of dozen fish. Now I'm certainly not one to be blasting the tunes and maybe that makes a difference. Loud enough to enjoy it myself but not so loud that the guy fishing the other side of the bay can hear it. I've done a test with my buddies to see how loud is "too loud" (when they can hear it about 75 ft away) and have a pretty good idea of what volume I should be at.

Now having said all this, I very rarely have the tunes on in the boat. The odd time when I'm by myself or the fishing is very slow.

Ahh music no problem when trolling .Percher has his blasting all the time and he manages to catch fish.Not sure I would crank up the tunes while still fishing or casting though.

Most of the time I don't have music but when I do I enjoy the day more.

MTP

I'd love to get an MP3 of some injured baitfish or something and try playing that with an underwater speaker.

Use a leader on the speaker. Speakers make expensive baits.

I'm a miserable old *as%ard, so NO, I don't like to hear music while out fishing. It is almost as annoying as the sound of someones "fishfinder" beeping continuously as they sit over 3 feet of water with the outboard running!

Once back in the truck on the way home...crank it up! Classic rock or some new Country.

Throw on a little Pink Floyd, crank it up a bit, the fish seem to bite better.

I second that !

Its the GFF theory.

G*****, Floyd & Fish. If you have those 3 things in place... life is great! :thumbsup_anim: