Tom S

Cork Cleaning

Just wanted to pass on a tip as people may be cleaning up equipment as it gets put away for the hard water season. Mr Clean Magic Erasers work great for cleaning up dirty cork handles without having to resort to sandpaper or other abrasives. I was given an couple older rods for repair/re-wrap and the cork was pretty dirty. A couple minutes with the Magic Eraser and years of sweat, fish slime, and grime are removed without any damage to the cork. Cork still looks rough, but at least it's clean now.

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1005.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boy, the guy who owns that rod is gonna be pissed that all the mojo is gone from that rod....

Just kidding, looks great! :good:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BillM said:

My cork is always clean.   Waders and jackets, not so much.  

Why ? Its all the same stank. LOL

• Like 1

6 hours ago, misfish said:

Why ? Its all the same stank. LOL

I don't like my rods or reels to get nasty with roe juice.  Gotta keep those old sticks looking good!

Please don't look at my rods, Bratina and Scales, DON"T remove, they lose value.:thumbsup_anim:

Besides its natural fish sent.:good::Gonefishing:

You don't use perfume deer hunting, you use deer urine as cologne.:worthy::whistling: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Please don't look at my rods, Bratina and Scales, DON"T remove, they lose value.:thumbsup_anim:

Besides its natural fish sent.:good::Gonefishing:

You don't use perfume deer hunting, you use deer urine as cologne.:worthy::whistling: 

I also use reel pouches on all my stuff.  :)     Nothing worse then a $500 reel with boat rash all over it.  No thanks!

• Like 1

There’s a joke to be made in this thread somewhere...😂

thanks for the tip though, I use magic erasers to clean my sneakers (also a hot tip) and as such I’ve got a huge supply from when canadian tire was selling them for .50 cents a piece

On 1/2/2019 at 12:06 AM, AKRISONER said:

There’s a joke to be made in this thread somewhere...😂

thanks for the tip though, I use magic erasers to clean my sneakers (also a hot tip) and as such I’ve got a huge supply from when canadian tire was selling them for .50 cents a piece

LMAO, possibly the "Cork Soaker" line?

3 hours ago, walleye wanderer said:

LMAO, possibly the "Cork Soaker" line?

A longa line of corka soakers!!!