Lakair - And yet another report (PICS ADDED)

Rich Clemens

Well, I may as well add my loonie to the board. There were a lot of firsts for me on this trip and I'll start with those.

First Trip to Lakair.

First meeting of another OFC'r.

First attempt using a baitcaster. (Sorry Muskystud, it didn't take long to clean out the bird's nest.

First Walleye caught.

First time fishing with other OFC'rs.

These are all firsts for me and who can say thay had that many 'firsts' all within a week. This was indeed a great week for me and I am already starting the planning to come back next year with the better half. Coming up alone, no boat, not knowing anyone, never camping in my life .... I just wasn't sure what to expect. HOWEVER, all that wondering passed very quickly, the minute I got there. All you folks are truely first-class and the best :clapping: You folks just have a way of making a newcomer feell welcome and part of the group. I had a fantastic time and, without a doubt, the best fishing trip ever (and I mean that). I tried to meet as many of you as I could, spent some time talking, getting to know each other ... that was priceless. For all of you that took me out on the water ... THANK YOU - I ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

Although I didn't catch a lot of fish, to me, that really doesn't matter. It was getting to know you and the opportunity for you to know who I was, and our time together meant the most. I see there are a lot of reports coming out now and a lot of pics. I tried to pick out a few different ones to share.

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR ....

Largest Pike at 28 1/2 inches.

med_gallery_296_59_14276.jpg

Second Walleye ... first one was too small to photograph.

med_gallery_296_59_46317.jpg

Just a couple of the OFC shore lunch entrees. That was a great idea and hope that can become a tradition. I think we had about 24 OFC'rs there. Great time. NEXT TIME ... DON'T FORGET THE BEER !!!!

med_gallery_296_59_44695.jpg

Shore lunch gathering.

med_gallery_296_59_56947.jpg

Kevin cooking up the Friday meal. Great job Kevin !!!

med_gallery_296_59_71800.jpg

Awesome price table.

med_gallery_296_59_29455.jpg

TJ cooking up the catch.

med_gallery_296_59_18240.jpg

First price for being the most upset with catching no pike during the tourney ... good thing I wasn't. I still think we should have passed it around for everyone to make a contribution.

med_gallery_296_59_49850.jpg

I think the creator broke the mold after making this. Beautiful county that I just love.

med_gallery_296_59_57556.jpg

Edited by Rich Clemens

How cool is it that a guy shows up and must have fished with 10 different people thru out the week!Thats a lot of local expierience (and some not so local) and everyone is happy to have fished with him.What a great bunch of guys.

Joe

Joe brings up a good point - Rich didn't have a boat and got to fish with a bunch of great people. I was stuck in my boat with a guy from work and another guy that lives a block away from me. ;)

It was a pleasure meeting you Rich. Great report and congrat's on your many firsts. We'll fish together next year and I'll be returning your PM shortly.

-Brian

Rich...it was great meeting you up there this year! Glad to hear that you'll be making it an annual experience! It was me and bly's first time this year as well, and you can bet we'll be back again too. Great weekend all around....couldn't ask for more.