2014 Dodge Thoughts

Loonietoon

Great chose Kalvin, kudos on the GMC, great rides. I bought my Silverado at John Bear on Upper James, probably you as well. Poor service, I have to warn you. 6 big screens, WIFI and 5 service reps and 1.5 hours for an oil change COME ON MAN!!! 20 or more bucks less at other garages on the mountain. You don't have to deal with GM services. The body shop manager had to actually get on the asphalt to look under my rig and he was dressed like he was going to a wedding not a body shop and complained he got dirty. COME ON MAN!!

No John... Bad dealing with John Bear..over trade in on old truck... got my best deal at Queenston Chev on Rymal Rd great price on truck and best deal on my trade in ....

Jealous, I wouldn't even care about keeping it clean lol.

But silver seems pretty good at "looking clean" withing reason of course.

Silver is the best colour for "looking" clean.

Black, not so much!!!! :whistling:

Can't remember the last time I washed my Pilot.

Think it may have been last year. :unsure:

Just remembered it was the end of June when I got back from Edmonton and the puppy repair facility.

There was a bug on the grill.

19620305_2012710935421902_69721300420924

Edited by DRIFTER_016

No John... Bad dealing with John Bear..over trade in on old truck... got my best deal at Queenston Chev on Rymal Rd great price on truck and best deal on my trade in ....

I hear you bud. We bought there as they had the best selection for 2011's as the 2012's had already been out for a few months plus an old pal got the commission. I went for service there 3 times and then tapped out. Terrible service, plus it's 45 minutes to get there for me. Like I said all show and no go. I don't need WIFI or to look at a big screen to see where my truck is in que. I need an oil and filter change in less than 90 minutes, and that's with an appointment booked. The last time after an hour I asked for my keys back and they begged me not to leave because they knew I wasn't coming back. Stopped at Searle's in Caledonia on the way home and had the truck serviced in less than 40 minutes, no appointment. On my way out of Bear I stopped in to talk to the GM and gave him my 2 cents.

I bet 60% of all vehicles I have owned since 72' were Silver Grey as is my silver Silverado. My wife's black Altima looks dirty because of water spots pulling out of the car wash.

Just remembered it was the end of June when I got back from Edmonton and the puppy repair facility.

Dave.

Next spring try my Pam Veggie oil spray trick to keep bugs from sticking like tar on feathers. We get hoards of bugs along the lakeshore that look like plumes of smoke 100' high and they sound like an electrical pump 1/2 KM away. It used to take me until July to get them critters off the front of the car and truck. Just give them a wipe and they are gonezo. It works.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Dave.

Next spring try my Pam Veggie oil spray trick to keep bugs from sticking like tar on feathers. We get hoards of bugs along the lakeshore that look like plumes of smoke 100' high and they sound like an electrical pump 1/2 KM away. It used to take me until July to get them critters off the front of the car and truck. Just give them a wipe and they are gonezo. It works.

I usually don't have this issue. Had to drive to Edmonton on zero notice to get my sick pooch looked after.

Not nearly as bad up here in Yellowknife. Down by Ft. Providence and South to the border with Alberta and Northern Alberta are pretty infested. ^_^

Now if I can just figure out why the hell my engine light keeps coming on and going out. At first I thought it was the gas cap. Stop, remove and tighten back on. Light goes out. Cured. NOPE. Two days later, it,s back. Talk to a buddy, and he asks where Im getting my gas. I stop at refuel in Angus as it,s the cheapest price from Thornbury to Barrie. He says, there,s yer problem. He has the same truck as I, and says that refuel fuel, is crap. Ok, so I fuel up with high test at Costco. Light was on before fuel up. Fill the tank and wouldn't you know it, the engine light goes out. Problem solved. NOT . Two days later, lights on again.

Now my friend Fisherman tells me, it,s not the gas. Charcoal filter, gas cap or pressure relief tube. I did find the spout where the gas cap goes on, has some pick up on it. ( jagged edge ) I will smooth the edges with some wet paper. Maybe it,s damaged the O ring seal on the cap.

Other then this hiccup, I love my Ram. Great mileage with the 8 speed tranny.[/quote

The common issue is the fuel tank pressure sensor followed by fuelcap and esim switch for evap problems common to throw po441 456 codes. With the 3.6 oil pressure switches are common as well setting a po520.

Now if I can just figure out why the hell my engine light keeps coming on and going out. At first I thought it was the gas cap. Stop, remove and tighten back on. Light goes out. Cured. NOPE. Two days later, it,s back. Talk to a buddy, and he asks where Im getting my gas. I stop at refuel in Angus as it,s the cheapest price from Thornbury to Barrie. He says, there,s yer problem. He has the same truck as I, and says that refuel fuel, is crap. Ok, so I fuel up with high test at Costco. Light was on before fuel up. Fill the tank and wouldn't you know it, the engine light goes out. Problem solved. NOT . Two days later, lights on again.

Now my friend Fisherman tells me, it,s not the gas. Charcoal filter, gas cap or pressure relief tube. I did find the spout where the gas cap goes on, has some pick up on it. ( jagged edge ) I will smooth the edges with some wet paper. Maybe it,s damaged the O ring seal on the cap.

Other then this hiccup, I love my Ram. Great mileage with the 8 speed tranny.[/quote

The common issue is the fuel tank pressure sensor followed by fuelcap and esim switch for evap problems common to throw po441 456 codes. With the 3.6 oil pressure switches are common as well setting a po520.

Thanks for the reply

Funny how the temps have dropped, and the light has left.

Is this a serious issue?

Buddy with the reader is off this week.

Going to grab a new cap and see if this is the cure.

I have also just learned, that the over fill senor is a problem as well.

Again

Thanks for the reply ecmilley

Is it a Dodge Ram? If it is well there's your problem. I had a Chrysler Intrepid, leased from new and bought outright 3 years latter. No less than 3 Computer Communication Modules go on it at around a grand a piece after 80K. By the time the 3rd went in 18 months(30 day part warranty) I drove it and when it went into limp mode I had to pull over, shut it off and restart it. I knew one lady that had to pull over and pull a relay under the hood to get her 300 going again. Drove like that until I needed meds for anxiety attacks. Drove a shinny car into the wrecker, removed the 60 buck floor mats and took my 400 bucks. Why I didn't throw a brick trough the window is beyond me. I will never own a Chrysler if you gave me a Challenger Hellcat for free, (ok maybe) never again. Sorry Dodge owners. Never again.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I'm not a Chrysler fan. I bought a Jeep because I've always wanted a Jeep and Chrysler makes Jeep.

2 weekends ago I was trying to squirt into 4 lanes of traffic on highway 35, I saw the gap and went for it, the traction control light flashed and I lost pretty much all power leaving me a sitting duck.

Love my Jeep but I won't be surprised if there's expensive problems down the road, hopefully it doesn't cost me my life, lol.

Why my standard starting procedure since I bought my 2011 and now 2018 F150 is to start vehicle and immediately turn the traction control OFF. Same deal I make Leah do with her Challenger. Sooner or later someone's going to get T boned in a left turn, because the traction control kicks in.. puts the brakes on and drops the throttle to idle! Hers smokes the tires real nice with it off as well.. all 4 of them.. :whistling:

Edited by irishfield

^^^ That reminds me of the last Chrysler I drove. It was a rental I had on a trip to Baltimore and it had that damn "turn off the engine when you stop at every friggin light" option. Don't think that's what it's called in the manual...anyway, you had to turn it off every time you started the car. There was no permanent shut off! After 1 day in that car I'd had it...couldn't imagine driving it full time.

Almost everything is that way now, only way they can meet the new emission standards. My new '18 F150 is that way, if you have your foot heavy on brake pedal when stopped the engine shuts off unless you hit the auto start button to off after you started the truck. Ways around it.. A/C on, Fan on higher speeds, lightly pushing brake pedal or putting a trailer light test plug in your bumper receptacle to fool it into thinking you're trailering.  On my ta du list for this week to figure out a permanent work around as as you say it's a PITA.

Google is your friend.. found the SIMPLE fix  to disable it for good.

Edited by irishfield

I forgot I had a 86' YJ Jeep. Part AMC, Ford and GM. If it was going to rain it wouldn't start, if it sprinkled it wouldn't start if it rained forget about it. 2 bolts and 3 wires you could change the starter. I carried a spare starter and a fresh 12V battery unless I parked it indoors and a can of WD40. They didn't have battery boosters then. Ask me if I liked the thing? Yep I did, doors off, top off and to the beach and back 30 years and 30 pounds of muscle ago, in the summer shirt off of course. Best heater I ever had and never got stuck in snow. 3 timing chains latter I traded it not running for 20 sheets of 5/8ths plywood.

I didn't accelerate that hard and it was dry it was a computer damn up

Nobody should have to do your "standard starting procedure" with all the modern technology and the simpletons driving now

you know what they say chris, if you like jeeps, you must like working on cars lol

Traction control is one of the worst gadgets ever installed in a vehicle IMO.

I hear ya Chris, my mom's Jeep did the same darn thing and it had no option to disable it like most other vehicles.

I seriously consider traction control to be a major hazard in winter driving.

I just had to show my wife how dangerous it is in the snow like 2 weeks ago.

After a good demonstration she's agrees, turn the darn thing off!

Traction control is one of the worst gadgets ever installed in a vehicle IMO.

I hear ya Chris, my mom's Jeep did the same darn thing and it had no option to disable it like most other vehicles.

I seriously consider traction control to be a major hazard in winter driving.

I just had to show my wife how dangerous it is in the snow like 2 weeks ago.

After a good demonstration she's agrees, turn the darn thing off!

Many vehicle include VSC and it saved my life or at least from running off the road with boat in trail hitting shoulder stones one time while returning with the flu. I would never turn that off in my Tundra.

I'm not a Chrysler fan. I bought a Jeep because I've always wanted a Jeep and Chrysler makes Jeep.

2 weekends ago I was trying to squirt into 4 lanes of traffic on highway 35, I saw the gap and went for it, the traction control light flashed and I lost pretty much all power leaving me a sitting duck.

Love my Jeep but I won't be surprised if there's expensive problems down the road, hopefully it doesn't cost me my life, lol.

I installed a Detroit TrueTrac in the rear axle of my 2014 JK. Now it's almost impossible to spin the rear tires and it takes off quickly. Far better traction on slippery roads. Best money I've spent on the Jeep. The only things I've replaced on my Jeep since new have been a signal light and the battery this summer. At about 110,000 Kms already.