Lake Erie news ( south side, not good )

http://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/oh-lorain/dead-fish-wash-up-on-the-shores-of-lake-erie-a-case-experts-havent-seen-in-more-than-a-decade

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/35822028/what-is-vhs-and-why-is-it-killing-fish-in-lake-erie

The initial story had pictures of dead fish floating, and was made with a cell phone from a distance, you really couldn't tell from the pictures what species they were. I had some concerns that they were smallies! Even a sheephead die off is not good though!

Sheep head, other wise known as drum, are the least desirable to eat? LOL POOR MANS LOBSTER

We went through this with the carp on Simcoe. Those are the least desirable to eat. LOL POOR MAN WONT EAT IT.

I thought that is was ling / burbot that were known as poor man's lobster.

Yep, always see a few dead Sheepshead floating around or on shore when it gets hot and stagnant. That's right out front 75" frontage, do the math. About 13 years ago the water was so low and it was so hot there were dead zones here, low O2 supply and we had all species belly up.

I've been on Erie the last couple days, and its Sheephead floating, happens every year..

Sheephead is poor man's shrimp, I know a few guys that eat them.

Filet Sheephead, cut filet in strips, one cup of salt in boiling water soup pot, drop strips in, starts to float and turn white, scoop out and put on ice cubes, dip in Shrimp Sauce. :good::wacko:

You can do the same with Musky, Bass.

And there is some people that will eat Tilapia or Basa from Vietnam river sewer.

You'd be surprised , what you'd eat buried in Shrimp Sauce, and say it was good. :whistling:

I've been on Erie the last couple days, and its Sheephead floating, happens every year..

Filet Sheephead, cut filet in strips, one cup of salt in boiling water soup pot, drop strips in, starts to float and turn white, scoop out and put on ice cubes, dip in Shrimp Sauce. :good::wacko:

And there is some people that will eat Tilapia or Basa from Vietnam river sewer.

You'd be surprised , what you'd eat buried in Shrimp Sauce, and say it was good. :whistling:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilapia

They fish farm and stock them in places here in the USA, but nothing in comparison to the quantities eaten.

Even shrimp sauce won't make basa taste good lol

By far the worst fish I've ever tasted