Lost Trailer Plate

Henricus

Let me know if you found an Ontario trailer license plate somewhere between Havelock and Buckhorn since Saturday. I don't recall the numbers off hand but I suspect it still has some frayed picture hanging wire attached. I lost it off my kayak trailer.

Thanks

Rick

I would suggest reporting it missing to the MTO.

You wouldn't want the plate to end up on a stolen trailer or a trailer that's involved in an accident and it still registered to you.

Dan.

A new one cost 38 bucks now !!!! 38 bucks for a damn plate !!!

Life marches on.

I remember putting 10 bucks worth of gas in my 69 Chevelle (396cu" with a 4 gear) and cruise down town London all night and still had enough gas to get home to Delaware. LOL

Dan.

Funny, but to the point. Mandatory to have the trailer registration with you, the days of running what ever trailer plate you could find in the barn are (unfortunately) gone.

True but still funny .

Funny, but to the point. Mandatory to have the trailer registration with you, the days of running what ever trailer plate you could find in the barn are (unfortunately) gone.

I'm still running my Ontario trailer plates up here in Yellowknife. ^_^

They charge ya $25/year fer trailer licensing.

My boat and snowmobile trailer both have good old Ontario pay once plates. :tease: :tease: :tease:

My camper has NWT plates though.

Life marches on.

I remember putting 10 bucks worth of gas in my 69 Chevelle (396cu" with a 4 gear) and cruise down town London all night and still had enough gas to get home to Delaware. LOL

Dan.

10 bucks of gas would get me to T.O. and half way back to Hamilton in my 70' T-Bird with the 429. I think that was the big Ford power plant then, you would know that Dan. Did you look at the large store front windows to see the chrome wheels reflection in them? Some things transcend generations, like cruising.

Canoecarrier, 40 bananas for a trailer plate, not cheap, but only a case of beer. I have been comparing prices to a case of beer or pack of cigarettes for years. I might suggest at that price weld the next one to the trailer rather than a piece of picture wire. Did you really think it would stay there forever? If someone here does find it buy a Lotto ticket.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I'm still running my Ontario trailer plates up here in Yellowknife. ^_^

They charge ya $25/year fer trailer licensing.

My boat and snowmobile trailer both have good old Ontario pay once plates. :tease: :tease: :tease:

My camper has NWT plates though.

i have a couple of plates i have found and will keep one in the truck just in case........

Just register one as home built and you are good to go :ninja:

Next time you pass through the area people will hang them on farm fence posts when they find one. I know I was in a 40 zone and seen one so I pulled over and picked it up and hung it up as it was still clean (so not like it had been sitting there for a few weeks in my eyes). It since has been taken. Did the owner get it back or someone else take it? I'll never know but next time passing keep an eye out.