What is the first bait you will throw at bass this weekend?

wask

Ive had the best luck with the Mepps Black Fury w/tail and vibrax minnow spin's.

I love my spinners!

which of the 2 I will start with depends on a coin toss I guess! hahaha

Well ,being that saturday it will be all about the kids,I,ll be concentrating on them having fun with what ever were using.Sunday will be spinnerbaits and wizzle worms and craw tubes and jig and pigs and jerk baits.

Edited by misfish

prob start with my go to:spinner, and then tubes

will be moving around a lot, going for the qaud.: bass pike whities lakers, all within 6-7 hrs.

going to be starting from a somewhat new location so it should be interesting. Going to have my son with, and he likes it when we move a lot, FASTER dad.

just poured up some unsalted senko type baits in a laminate watermelon w/black flake top with a flourescent yellow w/orange flake bottom (perch pattern like), they will be thrown with a weighted weedless mustad ultrapoint hook, from northland lures... with my new stradic and crucial... sadly it will be done from shore as i don't have a boat, but hey i'll catch a few bass i'm sure ;)

Chug Bug,

then a Sluggo type bait like a Yum Dinger in watermelon or dark smoke. Starting off in a 6" and moving smaller if need be.

If that don't work, it'll be a 3" tube in smoke,or salt & pepper, Texas rigged with a small worm weight 1/4 to 1/8 oz.

If they're turned on maybe a spinnerbait in white or firetiger (Sunfish) colour.

It's supposed to be a cold day up here this Saturday so small and slow may be the way to go.

Either way, I can't freakin wait..... :clapping:

Hookset.

Some Budweiser.

Well, OK, thats for me.

But then maybe I'll work the lily pads with my plastic frogs & rats or if I get too much Bud in me, I might just try some worms for that 18" that's been hangng out all spring under my dock.

I am going to be using real bait. Crayfish if they aren't totally illegal yet. A nice soft shell that I will catch myself making it OK to use as far as I read the regulations will be on my first cast. Hopefully to get the illusive smallie checked off my list of types of fish caught this year in about 20 seconds after I hit the water, if things follow the same pattern as every other year. Since some idiot decided it would be a good idea to introduce large mouth bass into my favorite fishing spot 2 yrs ago after moving about 10 ft I am fairly sure I can switch to a leech for the second cast to get large mouth struck off my list. After that is accomplished I will probably work on using some different techniques by using a modified drop shop type rig with a worm...... Work on trying a minnow under a slip float.

Edited by Canuck2fan

I'll have a topwater walker on one rod, a spinnerbait on another, a senko on one, a jig and pig on one, a tube rod and a jerkbait rod. I think the first thing I'll pitch will be before daybreak,though, and it'll be a skunk marabou. Theres some Muskie I have to say hello to.