What is the first bait you will throw at bass this weekend?

wask

I will be throwing a nice mix of things.

One rod will be rigged with a plastic frog.

One rod will be rigged with a spinnerbait.

One rod will be rigged with a Senko for those missed follow-up casts on the topwater action.

One rod will be rigged with the Drop-shot ... a new thing for me... I think a lot of big fish will be deeper than we think in the post spawn.

One rod will have a crankbait that I have to remind myself to throw.

One rod will be rigged with a jignpig

One rod will be rigged with a nice tube offering.

Did I miss anything?

Honestly though... I spend a lot of time working shallow action so the frog will see a ton of action and the spinnerbait might come on later after I try a buzzbait early in the day near weedlines.

Edited by Seaweed

I plan to go for largies, so it will be a spinnerbait and Skitterwalk first thing in the morning. When that bite slows, I'll be tossing an Exude Comida (Senko style) bait and jig and pig. I will also try shallow crank baits as well.

Good bass openers!

Aaron

I am heading up to Buckhorn this weekend and I plan on starting with Topwater if the water is calm. I recently bought a Lucky Craft Sammy topwater and given its $20 price tag it better catch a few. I will probably move on to a Slop Master after that and I might throw a few tubes and senkos as well.

Looks like all the basics are covered. First at daybreak topwaters, then spinnerbaits, then plastics, then about 11 am few prayers :huh: , and if by noon I'm still skunked I cast my secret weapon with the wind ( farther is safer ) :P . It is just "stick bait" impregnated with TNT, works everytime, never skunked on bass opener :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim::lol: :lol: :lol:

First lure for me for largemouth is usually a 4 inch ring worm rigged weedless or not depending on the cover. Hard to beat top water but I want to catch and see what is hitting. If the lake has a mix of bass, L/M and S/M the 4 inch worm will take both with out the misses on smallies you get from a bigger worm.

I still havent decided if Im going out for opener yet, have to work 1-10 tomorrow but if I head out before work its gonna have to be the topwater in the early morning and going to soft plastics/spinnerbaits depending on how active they are.