What's it worth? Nf

leaf4

So as I'm leaving work today​ I noticed a newer looking lawnmower near the dumpster... Ask around, one of the office guys was getting rid of it and couldn't throw it in himself so I thought whatever maybe it's not working and just needs a quick once over so I loaded it up. Threw some gas and oil in it when I got home and it fired up first shot and works perfectly!

Only thing is it's got some rust on the back corner close to the left tire. Probably going to pop rivet the sides together as there's a 1" gap, now I just don't know what it's worth really

If the picture doesn't make it out, it's a

Murray 22" cut pro series with a 6.5hp engine

IMG_20170503_154610.jpg

Any input is appreciated thanks!

Edited by Lucas F

It's priceless, I picked up one that was 3/4 of the way into the dumpster. The owner didn't realize you can't hang 4 strokes up by the handle. Well over the winter the oil drained into the cylinder, needless to say couldn't be pulled over. Took it home, pulled the plug, drained all the oil via the spark plug hole, refilled and it's my campground mower, best and cheapest I ever got.

Good score. My wifes mower that was new last April won't start today. I have never seen a mower without a manual choke or primer. I hop she can get it running before this grass grows any higher. I will need to get her a goat. I bet it has a 1 year warranty. How much do you really want for it Lucas? You aren't far from me. I'll give you 50 bucks for driving it from work to home and delivering it to the lake.

It does need a gas cap and an oil cap/dipstick combo so I have to search those out but I don't expect them to break the bank lol

And OI if you have a mower that's a year old why would you want this haha.

If only I found this a month ago. I just picked up a Toro recycler haha

Good score. many years ago my gas mower's handle was rusting and flimsy. After a neighbourhood garage sale someone put one it the local plaza dumpster, I took it for the handle and find it electric and working! I adapted a charger and had it for 4 years!

MY neighbour tossed a brand new snowblower! I took it and was going to give it to Cliff. After chatting with him I put tubes in the tires replaced the float had the carb cleaned, changed the oil and sold it for $350.00. I had one. I guess it was not stored for winter and when it wouldn't start after the first season he left it in the shed.

Some people give up too quick!

It's amazing what people will just throw out.

That's what I thought when it fired up first thing! Must be nice to have the luxury of throwing something in perfect working condition out lol

I figured I'd at least have to put in a little elbow grease on it

Edited by Lucas F

Good score. My wifes mower that was new last April won't start today. I have never seen a mower without a manual choke or primer. I hop she can get it running before this grass grows any higher. I will need to get her a goat. I bet it has a 1 year warranty. How much do you really want for it Lucas? You aren't far from me. I'll give you 50 bucks for driving it from work to home and delivering it to the lake.

Also if it's new from April last year I would hazard a bet that it's under warranty (depending on brand) most come with a 2-3 year warranty from what I've seen

That's what I thought when it fired up first thing! Must be nice to have the luxury of throwing something in perfect working condition out lol

I figured I'd at least have to put in a little elbow grease on it

Lucas, I learned quick, storage is the key and use premium gas only! like I said some people don't know and just go buy another. I see stuff that can be used if only people would call and have it picked up , but most of the time it's landfill. So sad. I bought my first snowblower in 1989 and it still looks and runs like new.

I'm now on a project to unplug a inkjet printer, if I fail I'll recycle it, if it works I will have two printers.

But I will have another learning g curve undear my belt.

Not sure how it is now? But 10 years ago in grande prairie you could furnish a house EASILY with items people leave when they move.

No joke people make a living flipping this Where I live if you scour the streets on trash day you can pretty much furnish a place with things you can find that have been thrown out in the trash.

It does need a gas cap and an oil cap/dipstick combo so I have to search those out but I don't expect them to break the bank lol

And OI if you have a mower that's a year old why would you want this haha.

If only I found this a month ago. I just picked up a Toro recycler haha

I don't have one T.L. does and it won't start so I sell her that one for a hundred.

Not sure how it is now? But 10 years ago in grande prairie you could furnish a house EASILY with items people leave when they move.

No joke people make a living flipping this stuff

They still do out here in Haldimand. It's cheaper to leave crap behind than to rent a truck and pay by the kilo to dump it at land fill even when the landlord holds back security. It happened to me before I sold a rental property 25 years ago in Hamilton's North end. The guy was a crap picker it cost me twice the security deposit to haul it away. I was actually there when he gave me the key back and I asked him what about that yard full of crap, he laughed, told me to keep the security and begged me to slap him. I really can't believe I didn't 25 years ago. The start of my enlightened journey from the dark side

Edited by Old Ironmaker

They still do out here in Haldimand. It's cheaper to leave crap behind than to rent a truck and pay by the kilo to dump it at land fill even when the landlord holds back security. It happened to me before I sold a rental property 25 years ago in Hamilton's North end. The guy was a crap picker it cost me twice the security deposit to haul it away. I was actually there when he gave me the key back and I asked him what about that yard full of crap, he laughed, told me to keep the security and begged me to slap him. I really can't believe I didn't 25 years ago. The start of my enlightened journey from the dark side

I lived in this big 3 story apartment complex.

People were coming and going constantly.

They wouldn't even put it in the garbage area. Just carry it outside and leave it.

I could only imagine what "movers" would be able to stake claim on

I snagged a brand new sectional and a lil flatscreen myself when I first got there and had nothing lol. 3 bedroom appartment with a mattress, duffel bag (served as a pillow too) and like $30 worth of Walmart pots and pans.

Edited by manitoubass2

You had an apartment and a duffel bag plus pots and pans? Must be nice. I used to eat out of old Jiffy Pop tin plates, and cook on them if I had something to cook. You Kids were spoiled.

Yeah buddy! It was awesome! Left the money in the bank and with my family, went 100% frugal when I started as a safety supervisor. Was a horrible two weeks but then I got a company credit card gas card and a vehicle and I was ballin lol.

The memories. What's for breakfast lunch and dinner??? Bread and bologna, 3 minute noodles, and entertainment was a newspaper.

It's funny to look back on. One thing I laugh at now, is scoring that tv. Well I couldn't hook it up, I had no money. One day I snagged a entertainment stand and plugged it in.

Turns out the cable wasn't turned off, and I had full HD hahahaha. Wasn't too funny at the time but Jesus. Looking at newspapers for 2 weeks got real old after about 10 minutes.

I would do so much extra work at that job with the intent of coming home exhausted so I could sleep. I didn't have blinds, and we'll summer up there is pretty much light 24/7.

It was like a weird form of torture camp I put myself in lol

I got my "camp" lawnmower in a similar way. The guy was hauling it up to the garbage bins when he stopped to say hello. I asked him what the story was and he said the pull start rope was broken and he had bought a new one. I told him to leave it with me and saved him the trip. That thing worked great for me for many years!

I am always amazed at what some people will toss out for scrap. Being a "horder" of sorts is a curse and a blessing at the same time.

I highly doubt you'll get $150-200 for that push mower, especially with a rivet repair job on an area that's stressed every time you push down on the handle to turn the mower. Maybe get half of your assessed value?

I highly doubt you'll get $150-200 for that push mower, especially with a rivet repair job on an area that's stressed every time you push down on the handle to turn the mower. Maybe get half of your assessed value?

New ones start at about $200. So half is optimistic.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a Murray is at the very low end of lawn mowers so I would ask $75 and be very happy if I got $50.

Good Luck with the sale and buy some fishing stuff with the profits.....

Thanks, never heard of the brand before myself lol figured there was enough intelligence to draw from here to get some opinions ?

The 50 buck offer is off the table. The MTD that won't start is under warranty and I am going to bring it into the local MTD authorized repair guy that I actually know and fishes with me once and a while, small world. I found the receipt and paid $199.99 for new with a 2 year limited warranty. My offer is 25 bucks now Lucas including a new gas cap and dip stick. You are going to pay 15 bucks to take it to land fill 25 miles away to Dunnville. Next time you see one, leave it there. I've been where you are before.

Edited by Old Ironmaker