What's it worth? Nf

leaf4

I'm not a tree hugger by any means but why send it to a land fill for the next 50 years or so? Can't it be recycled in any way?

I had a couch to get rid of and I took it apart for garbage day, springs got taken, some wood I used and the cloth went to the garbage which have decomposed hopefully!

Canada is way too extravagant on what we throw out when there is need elsewhere.

many years ago when we had our first daughter we were asked to participate in a formula study. All delivered at home as long as we reported how our daughter was handling it, it was perfect! And we got cases of it. When she was off of it they we asking for a famine donation in Africa.

I asked it they would take the cases I had (no expiry date) and ship it over to them. NO we need cash! Sorry for asking!

Ketchin, I am going on 63 years old, hopefully. I can remember being around 5 and my Mother telling me to eat my peas because children in Africa are starving. We obviously have not been doing much good in the last 58 years with the Africa famine problem. What is the definition of insanity again?

It will only cost Lucas 15 bucks minimum where we are to go to the land fill, which is really a fine recycling depot. Takes me 20 minutes to dump my 1/2 ton truck of stuff in all the proper bins, and fuel for him to go 25 minutes drive to it and return. No wonder people here dump all there crap on the side of the road every garbage day. I caught a guy dumping his living room in front of my place a while ago. I was almost charged with threating death, long story, good ending. Let the township take it there is what most do.

You are going to sell it to your Dad or Brother for what its worth? Wow, nice. I gave my brother a car for his 16th B Day and my father and mother a condo for their 70th.

edit, in Florida.

edit again, I must be an idiot.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Over the years I've found/been given many lawn mowers/trimmers..... that people no longer wanted for a variety of reasons. The ones that could be fixed up (reasonably) I fixed and sold basically for the cost of repairs which in many cases was only a couple of bucks.

The ones that weren't worth fixing I would tear down for parts and any scrap I would take to the local scrap yard where I would get a couple of $ for it (usually about enough to cover the cost of my gas to get it there) but at least it wasn't going to land fill.

You could just put it out beside the road and someone that collects scrap metal will likely pick it up.

Cliff and I are in the same boat recycle whatever we can.

There is a woman moving this weekend across the street and she has put more stuff on the curb than you can imagine and it will rot!

Why not call a habitat for humanity or similar places.

Brainlees IMO? Some one took a wicker chair and left four high back dining room chairs!

Again, we are not reusing enough!

Just did some spring cleaning, they recycle everything here, get a lot of practice backing up the trailer for separate bins for household waste, scrap metal, wood, cardboard, separate spot for and old flatscreen and laptop, of course hazardous goes to a separate building and then the brush pile and separate pile for leaves and grass clippings. Free compost this time of year :clapping: . I really doubt a mower would end up landfill, and new Ford maybe :tease:

There are people everywhere that recycle these kind of things. When I was in Barrie I did a funeral for a man who lost his wife...he mentionned what he did (collect and sell scrap). A couple weeks after the service I dropped off a lawnmower for him to scrap. A few years later unfortunately that man also died...when I met the rest of the family and told them the story, they mentionned how their father had often talked about the funeral director that dropped off a lawnmower for him! Thought that was really neat...so whatever you do...not the landfill...find your local guy who does this stuff and give it to him.

Edited by Rizzo