The Cops found it.

DanD

What the public doesn't know about these thieves....

There is a large group - organized crime - that steal vehicles throughout southern Ontario and they all end up in brantford. They are extremely violent and are known to run police officers off the road and will do whatever it takes to get away including shooting at police.

Once they hit the res there's nothing regular police can do. I've dealt with the 6 nations police once and it was incredibly hard to talk to anyone there.

What the public doesn't know about these thieves....

There is a large group - organized crime - that steal vehicles throughout southern Ontario and they all end up in brantford. They are extremely violent and are known to run police officers off the road and will do whatever it takes to get away including shooting at police.

Once they hit the res there's nothing regular police can do. I've dealt with the 6 nations police once and it was incredibly hard to talk to anyone there.

Huh, who would of thought . . . :whistling:

the OPP officer i was speaking with indicated that the chop shops were actively operating on 6 nations. They have multiple locations and where the cars are at any time is anyones guess. There is nothing illegal about having a garage in an empty building. the cars move in and then are gone and the activities switch to another location. There is indeed 0 doubt though that these robberies are related to larger crime syndicates. the ones doing the stealing are simply employees.

That whole group operates in brantford....

Not going to lie. I havnt read most of the previous replies.

All I can say is, my best friend had his dad's suburban stolen from the mall parking lot in London, and it was found on the same reserve. A little worse condition. This was 12 years ago. The truck was repaired by the insurance company. But it was only 5 or 6 years old, and souped up a little. His dad liked it a lot, as it was néw to him only a year earlier. So he really wanted it back.

Edited by N.A.W

That's not a truck, it's an Avalanche. Just kidding.

I get the impression you're a guy who takes care of his crap. Hopefully the insurance company writes it off and gives you a fair settlement. That truck won't be the same again.

It's frustrating to hear about that red tape FishNautographs, but good on you guys for trying to do what you can and acknowledging the problem.

It's hard to find one in Canada for that year which isn't rotted in the back wheel wells. even in that picture with the dirt in the compound shows what the truck is (but specifically what it was and how it was taken care of).
I've seen some funny videos of people taking trucks out back and doing burnouts and figure eights in the dirt until the motor tranny and or axels blew...the ones that didn't die make it to another video, where they usually blow out early in round 2.

So, it's what you don't see and don't know which is what makes this once pristine truck junk to me. And I bet they pissed on all the seats and interior too.

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the insurance company understands that a babied and cared for by owner late model vehicle can't be replaced with "another later model truck".

Thanks guys for trying to warn me on the value of the 12 year old truck; I think I have a handle on that. If they offer me ten grand, I think I'll be Lucky. If so I'm going to try and get the salvage of the truck thrown in? That would make up for all the extras I had installed on the truck and not getting paid for. I could easily part the truck out and sell the drive-train and whatever else that might still have some value?

I could easily get $3-$400.00 for the PCM and wiring harness. The guys that are putting the Gen3 small block engines in their old hot rods, are always looking for a know good computer.

Will have to wait and see, what they decide and go from there?

Dan.

F&A that's gnarly! I've been through some bad rezs but never like what's being described here.

Be safe out there!

Also, no Rez is as bad as the north end of Winnipeg. If you go please bring a 50 cal

It's funny I'm 90 mins from brantford and I deal with stuff from there more than Georgina Island which is in our own region.

It's full of a gang called indian posse.

Trust me you wanna avoid them at all costs

The police won't even go there. It's like Canada's equal to the Mexican drug lords

I dont think folks in southern Ontario truly understand the plight of the north. Specifically as it pertains to the rezs.

The rez's and crap in southern Ontario are highly civilized places with lots of money, infrastructure and services near by.

Im from Flin Flon, when you take the bus from Winnipeg you go to the land where the Rez's dont have names, they are simply numbers placed in the forest somewhere amongst the muskeg. The closest grocery store is a 5 hour drive. They are so far removed there isnt even a car to steal to try make a living.

That my friends is the real deal.

Also if folks from the GTA think the gang violence and crap is bad in Toronto? Go to Winnipeg...those guys would make any of the gangsta's in Toronto quiver in fear.

I dont think folks in southern Ontario truly understand the plight of the north. Specifically as it pertains to the rezs.

The rez's and crap in southern Ontario are highly civilized places with lots of money, infrastructure and services near by.

Im from Flin Flon, when you take the bus from Winnipeg you go to the land where the Rez's dont have names, they are simply numbers placed in the forest somewhere amongst the muskeg. The closest grocery store is a 5 hour drive. They are so far removed there isnt even a car to steal to try make a living.

That my friends is the real deal.

Also if folks from the GTA think the gang violence and crap is bad in Toronto? Go to Winnipeg...those guys would make any of the gangsta's in Toronto quiver in fear.

Yep

I used to drive through numerous of these rezs on my way to work. We're bring bottle of water, bread and medicine for the children playing barefoot on the dirt roads, barely clothed in February.

Sneakers hung over power cables indicating the super high suicide rates.

And Winnipeg akri, that's why I said if you go to the north end bring a 50 cal. No lie youll get killed in broad daylight for wearing the wrong colours. Your right, no Toronto gangster would even stand a chance.

They can't even get accurate murder rates in Winnipeg because no one ever gets found, well a few in the river but...

Thundeebay is quickly becoming a very dangerous place too in certain areas.

I'm telling ya it's like these guys and girls, were trained in Medellin columbia