The Cops found it.

DanD

Got a call this morning from the cops, that they found my stolen truck; it was on the Chippewa Res. just outside of London.

Went out to the towing companies compound to have a look at my poor baby.

IMG_1280_zpsyrcomqko.jpg

IMG_1281_zpsyuqllian.jpg

IMG_1282_zpsrxadz2b2.jpg

IMG_1284_zpspplzn61c.jpg

IMG_1285_zpsxvlscdvk.jpg

IMG_1287_zpsvavgfinl.jpg

I'm pretty sure they're going to write the truck off; but if they don't, there will be a crap storm heading for them.

I'm not a shoe maker type of mechanic; I mean I look after my vehicles and I know that I could have jumped in that truck at anytime and go anywhere I wanted to go.

Every squeak, rattle, engine/trans issues, let alone the electronics, are going to have to be back to proper working order before I will sign off on the truck.

Looking at the truck I don't want it back; due to the abuse it was likely put through. Things that may only show up a year down the road?

Thanks for the read; I had to vent.

Dan.

Edited by DanD

i hate that they took the wheels off and a few other pieces and just left it...what a waste.

I am at least glad that the cops are going into the res and doing work. My understanding was that they didnt even bother.

Edited by AKRISONER

I have had 2 vandalisms (not straight out stolen) , but once that happens, you get this weird feel every time you step into the car even though its all fixed up.Sorry to hear that happened to you Dan. Even if they don"t write it off, I am guessing you can fix it up for cheap with your expertise or you can buy it back if they do write it off.

They don't care if they found it on the rez or in front of Parliament Hill. The insurance company will offer you the average Blue Book or NADA value and that's it. Been there done that and have the T shirt. I had a 83' Benz 560 SEC Coupe that was nearly deemed to be antique, showroom condition, it was appraised several thousand above market value that was stolen, never recovered. They offered me the average Blue Book for it, 4 grand less then appraisal. Basically told me take it or leave it or we can go to court and I could pay a lawyer. My lawyer said "take it".

I have empathy for you Dan.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

That sucks. I'm guessing even if they write it off it probably won't represent the actual value of the truck. Having been fortunate enough to never had to file an insurance claim I wouldn't know but either way, Terrible.

It's not just the truck, what about all the contents, what about the inconvenience..... what about the just plane aggravation of it all. I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you, sometimes I think that Karma just doesn't count, you sure didn't deserve this!

Hope it all works out for you and if I can ever help (and I usually can) just give me a shout!

A- The insurance company will Pay out very based on the age and mileage. A perfectly good vehicle is worth very little at that age.

B- The scumbags that did this should have their hands cut off. Mark a thief for what he or she is.

Why is there are separate police on First Nations Land?

What happens to a criminal that gets caught and convicted on First Nations Land? Do they go through a separate incarceration system?

I am not trying to stir anything up, just curious about the process because I do not know.

The Insurance Company's goal is to make a profit.

They do that by screwing the customer and the customer has no

option , take what they offer you or pay a Lawyer.

Try to change Insurance Companys , hah, you will lose again with the

cost of premiums charges to you now because you had a claim.

The customer lose's either way.

A- The insurance company will Pay out very based on the age and mileage. A perfectly good vehicle is worth very little at that age.

B- The scumbags that did this should have their hands cut off. Mark a thief for what he or she is.

Why is there are separate police on First Nations Land?

What happens to a criminal that gets caught and convicted on First Nations Land? Do they go through a separate incarceration system?

I am not trying to stir anything up, just curious about the process because I do not know.

Don`t stir that pot....

The insurance company will offer you the average Blue Book or NADA value and that's it.

Not true. Insurance companies maintain a collective database for vehicle values. Claims agents make initial value assesments based on their "experience/decision allowance". Senior agents have a higher decision allowance. If you're not satisfied with the initial assesments request escalation and be prepared to provide documented comparables (dealership postings of used cars, autotrader listings, receipts for repairs/maintenance/new tires etc). IF YOU DONT ASK, YOU DONT GET.

BTW, don't necessarily expect a broker to go to bat for you. There's no money in it for them. You need to deal directly with the insurer and be persistent.

I would be shocked if they insisted on fixing your vehicle. Do your homework and start researching a fair 'settlement' that you're prepared to settle for.

BTW, don't necessarily expect a broker to go to bat for you. There's no money in it for them. You need to deal directly with the insurer and be persistent.

This is untrue. Every time I have had issues with insurance companies my broker bent over backwards to help me out.

In the 90's I was in a roll over accident caused by road damage caused by a tornado. The insurance company was going to hold me responsible but after my broker got through with them I wasn't blamed for the accident, I got a few $K more than I paid for my vehicle (they wrote it off) and I was treated like gold.

If you have a broker that won't go to bat for you, change brokers 'cause yours sucks!! ;)