The Cops found it.

DanD

Yes and no. It's a problem, undeniable. But it's on par with the rest of the country. It's just perception that makes it seem worse.

And reservations are akin to tiny governments ruling over small amounts of people. It's really no different than our government, it's just more noticeable because of the small scale of it. Easier to notice an issue in 1000 person community then a 6million person community.

I will say, RRFN treaty 3 is ran pretty awesome! I have full trust in our chief as he has proven time and time again to be for the community and has a remarkable track record in being a great human.

All our financial records are are disclosed to the public monthly, the. A meeting for the community to discuss spending, funds allocation etc are up for discussion.

Wanna work? All it takes is saying "yes I wanna work". He will find anything for you to do. Usually something like visiting and helping out elders. Community clean ups, infrastructure repair etc.

There is literally no racism on our res. I'd know. I'm the only white guy there. And I've never been subjected to any racism, in fact I was welcome with open arms. Given ample opportunity to participate in prayers and community events, even traditional practices.

Wanna sell drugs on our Rez? You'll be BCRd, convicted of any violent act including domestic abuse? BCRd, no room for any. Final behaviour on our Rez.

I could go on and on, but it's quite remarkable.

And when hydro rates skyrocketed, we built a solar farm. No everyone has free electricity, plus it employed half the community with good paying jobs.

All the access money is transferred into accounts, for who??? Our children. Every excess dollar goes into trust for every child born of treaty 3.

It's really amazing to watch/be apart of

Thank you for sharing.

Still no word from the insurance, as to what they're plans are for the Avalanche, sled or the contents? I want to start raising hell; but the wife says let them play their games for a while longer. I guess she's right we'll catch more flies with honey then vinagar?

Now that I have wheels again, I can take my time and wait them out. I want the salvage on the Avalanche, so that I can part it out and hopefully recoup some of the monies; that I know I wont get paid for from the insurance.

Besides that 5.3 engine would fit right into my 50 Chevy. LOL

The odometer on the 17 just turned 125 kilometers this morning on the way to the shop. The last brand new vehicle I bought was a 1989 GMC Sierra; I've always slid into nice used trucks since then, till now.

It sure does show off the salt stains; maybe should of choose a lighter colour?

IMG_1301_zpsbenulpvd.jpg

Dan.

Well I got the first offer to settle with the insurance today; they have written the truck off and it's not an unfair offer; but I think they owe more then just the blue book value of the truck? There's no mention of the hardwired, bolted too accessories that were installed on the truck; too the tune of better then a grand to replace. The low mileage on the drive train, that a salvage yard will get a grand for the engine alone.

Not to be greedy; but I think I'll counter offer with their cash offered and the salvage rights to the Avalanche. But I'm going to wait a few days to respond to them; they're still paying storage on the truck and it may make them a little more cooperative in their negotiations to get out of the storage fees and close this claim?

Dan.

Edited by DanD

When my Highlander was written off last summer, I gave them a detailed list of all factory and after market options including the clear coat stone chip and they did cover it all.

The only issue I had was that I had high KM otherwise I would have not had any issues with them at all.

Good luck FLEX - John

Unfortunately most aftermarket accessories don't add value to your vehicle. Take for example the kid that drops 10k on suspension/rims/whatever for his Civic and thinks he'll get that back when he sells it, lol.

Unfortunately most aftermarket accessories don't add value to your vehicle. Take for example the kid that drops 10k on suspension/rims/whatever for his Civic and thinks he'll get that back when he sells it, lol.

You are very correct Bill, I was referring more so to things like bed liners, hard covers, remote starters.

You are very correct Bill, I was referring more so to things like bed liners, hard covers, remote starters.

I wasn't replying to your post directly, but if you've got factory installed options, then yeah you definitely want to let the insurance know. Same thing goes if the car is still under warranty. A CPO car will fetch a premium compared to one that is not.