The Cops found it.

DanD

LOL

Even with the improved anti theft system; I'll be installing my own kill switch or no crank switch in it.

Did that with my sons old F150; disconnected the horn from the steering wheel pad and rewired it to the neutral safety switch. To start that old truck you had to push the horn before it would crank the engine. Even the dumbest thief is not going to push the horn while stealing it. LOL

This truck will have something hidden that will need doing before starting.

Dan.

Pick this up on Friday.

All I've seen of the truck is its build sheet.

My wife took the pic; that's her desk in the foreground. LOL

thumbnail_IMG_1297_zpslpx11nrs.jpg

Said screw it, not waiting for the insurance any longer. Even if they do decide to fix the Avalanche, I don't want to drive it after what's happened to it. So if they do fix it (Not likely) I'll sell it ASAP; forget about it and take my losses.

Dan.

Lol.

U wish we had stolen vehicle issues. Our area is murder.

Another double homicide either late last night or early today and the rumour is it's some nutjob that used to shorefish with me once in awhile in Manitou.

For such a small area we sure get alot of murders, and some you could make a friggen horror flick about

Lol.

U wish we had stolen vehicle issues. Our area is murder.

Another double homicide either late last night or early today and the rumour is it's some nutjob that used to shorefish with me once in awhile in Manitou.

For such a small area we sure get alot of murders, and some you could make a friggen horror flick about

As I don't know and am curious, how are these types of crimes handled Rick? Does it fall under the jurisdiction of the RCMP or First Nations enforcement? Believe me when i say that I a NOT trying to start anything, just curious and always interested in learning new things.

HH

As I don't know and am curious, how are these types of crimes handled Rick? Does it fall under the jurisdiction of the RCMP or First Nations enforcement? Believe me when i say that I a NOT trying to start anything, just curious and always interested in learning new things.

HH

This was off rez, But yeah it's OPP 100% if it was on Rez it would be OPP with treaty 3 assisting.

Turns out the murderer is not the guy I thought.

No names have been released yet but they did say a Caucasian guy, names will be released after notification of kin.

Horrible nonetheless

And no worries man. Lots of misinformation etc out there. It's not racist or anything to ask an honest question.

So anyhow the murder occured sometime between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. OPP came in hot, evacuated the whole area. Apperently the OPP were heavenly armed. A suspect was arrested late yesterday afternoon.

Sounds like something gnarly went down. I mean murder is gnarly as it is, but to evacuate and come in heavily armed seems off.

And elderly couple, relocated from BC are the victims.

Not sure I wanna hear the rest

And elderly couple, relocated from BC are the victims.

there should be a special room on this planet, where people who do this to the elderly, get their due. and I'm not talking within the system.

Edited by woodenboater

there should be a special room on this planet, where people who do this to the elderly, get their due. and I'm not talking within the system.

It's a possibility. Prison might be the SAFEST place for them unfortunately Edited by manitoubass2

No names have been released yet but they did say a Caucasian guy, names will be released after notification of kin.

They actually describe someone as "Caucasian"? You don't hear or read that. They won't even say black anymore, dark complexion is how they explain it around here these days. Or light complexion for a white guy. I'm waiting for the Cops to name the brand of designer underwear a suspect was wearing.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

They actually describe someone as "Caucasian"? You don't hear or read that. They won't even say black anymore, dark complexion is how they explain it around here these days. Or light complexion for a white guy. I'm waiting for the Cops to name the brand of designer underwear a suspect was wearing.

At least around here, theyd say native, Caucasian, African, whatever

Aaaand scratch that. The official release names no races.

But does mention it's not a friend that goes by the same name and works for an insurance company in town??? He must have already been threatened???

A 66 year old lady and a 77 year old man.

Horrible people on this planet, I tells ya

http://www.931theborder.ca/news/426868178/two-dead-one-custody-fort-frances

http://www.931theborder.ca/news/1446845973/victims-and-suspect-identified-fort-frances-incident

Edited by manitoubass2

That's strange to mention the suspect isn't related to a Cousineau that works in Ft Francis. Small town I guess where everyone knows everyone. He wouldn't be related to the Mark Couseneau that held the NFL sack record until broken by the guy from Good Morning America TV show.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I just can't believe this thread about cops finding a members vehicle got 145 replies, and 8 pages worth!!!! But hey, this is what makes a forum entertaining to read I guess!!!

Dan, hope it all works out in your favour buddy!!! And I gotta say, the horn interlock is a sweet idea!!!! Got my mind racing for ideas now.

Edited by Smokercrafty

please me if im wrong, but it seems a lot of reservations suffer from a lot substance abuse, especially further north, and a lack or high school/college education. i know from my personal experience, a lot of natives that i went to elementary school with, didn't make it past grd 10 or 11. that was also around the same time that the Dudley George fiasco happened. whether the drop outs were related to that or not, i don't know.

also, nice truck. too bad it has a bow tie on it

please me if im wrong, but it seems a lot of reservations suffer from a lot substance abuse, especially further north, and a lack or high school/college education. i know from my personal experience, a lot of natives that i went to elementary school with, didn't make it past grd 10 or 11. that was also around the same time that the Dudley George fiasco happened. whether the drop outs were related to that or not, i don't know.

also, nice truck. too bad it has a bow tie on it

Yes and no. It's a problem, undeniable. But it's on par with the rest of the country. It's just perception that makes it seem worse.

And reservations are akin to tiny governments ruling over small amounts of people. It's really no different than our government, it's just more noticeable because of the small scale of it. Easier to notice an issue in 1000 person community then a 6million person community.

I will say, RRFN treaty 3 is ran pretty awesome! I have full trust in our chief as he has proven time and time again to be for the community and has a remarkable track record in being a great human.

All our financial records are are disclosed to the public monthly, the. A meeting for the community to discuss spending, funds allocation etc are up for discussion.

Wanna work? All it takes is saying "yes I wanna work". He will find anything for you to do. Usually something like visiting and helping out elders. Community clean ups, infrastructure repair etc.

There is literally no racism on our res. I'd know. I'm the only white guy there. And I've never been subjected to any racism, in fact I was welcome with open arms. Given ample opportunity to participate in prayers and community events, even traditional practices.

Wanna sell drugs on our Rez? You'll be BCRd, convicted of any violent act including domestic abuse? BCRd, no room for any. Final behaviour on our Rez.

I could go on and on, but it's quite remarkable.

And when hydro rates skyrocketed, we built a solar farm. No everyone has free electricity, plus it employed half the community with good paying jobs.

All the access money is transferred into accounts, for who??? Our children. Every excess dollar goes into trust for every child born of treaty 3.

It's really amazing to watch/be apart of