kenwood speakers

Alpine DVD deck

Carbon Fibre Hood

short shifter

brembo brakes

oh how i miss her

whip.jpg

Thanks Lew

I just started collecting a few new body panels for her. Found a place in Michigan that are still stamping out rear 1/4 panels from original GM dies.

Going to get one or two pieces at a time, so that they'll slip under the wife's radar. Man I hate it when she locks my boys away in her purse; takes forever to get them back out. LOL

Dan.

Edited by DanD

Here's my baby.

1950 Chevy Styleline Deluxe.

Believe it or not I found her in Cornwall on a Kijiji add.

I originally wanted a 49, which was the first production year of this body style and GM's first redesign post WW2. But when I saw this 50 I had to have it.

She's not perfect but has potential for a 66 year old car that was build in Oshawa.

That's a 1999 4.8Lt Vortec V8 fuel injected/computer controlled engine rated at 255hp. The engine was salvaged out of a wrecked Silverado pickup.

A bit of work getting the motor and the 4L60E auto trans to fit. After that a bit of wiring to get the computer on-line and we were off down the road with a nice highway cruiser.

Talk about a jaw dropper; when grandpa's car leaves the intersection with the rear wheels on fire. LOL

Dan.

Very cool!

Edited by CRUD150

Here's my baby.

1950 Chevy Styleline Deluxe.

Believe it or not I found her in Cornwall on a Kijiji add.

I originally wanted a 49, which was the first production year of this body style and GM's first redesign post WW2. But when I saw this 50 I had to have it.

She's not perfect but has potential for a 66 year old car that was build in Oshawa.

After%20Waxing%20015_zps3iukq9y5.jpg

After%20Waxing%20015_zps3iukq9y5.jpg

After%20Waxing%20004_zpsc8kv5btp.jpg

I've tried keeping her looking stock on the outside and most of the interior.

Under the hood the 216cu" 6 cylinder with 92hp and the rest of the drivetrain, was getting tired; so it got some up dating.

IMG_0103_zpsv19lmwt0.jpg

IMG_0104_zpsxkybjjge.jpg

IMG_0106_zpsareqg0k0.jpg

That's a 1999 4.8Lt Vortec V8 fuel injected/computer controlled engine rated at 255hp. The engine was salvaged out of a wrecked Silverado pickup.

A bit of work getting the motor and the 4L60E auto trans to fit. After that a bit of wiring to get the computer on-line and we were off down the road with a nice highway cruiser.

Talk about a jaw dropper; when grandpa's car leaves the intersection with the rear wheels on fire. LOL

Dan.

First car I remember was similar, Dad had a maroon 52 Pontiac , the original fastback with the same visor, believe we drove that till he bought an A55 Austin Cambridge in 59, got my licence in the Austin.

Edited by dave524

an A55 Austin Cambridge in 59, got my licence in the Austin.

That's great Dave, I got my license in '62 in Mom's Austin A35.

Only mistake I made was reaching for the dash mounted turn signal switch before I completed the turn.

Did yours have the same little lighted arms that swung out from near the roof to indicate the direction of turning ?? LOL

Funny little car but me and my buds had a blast in it.

That's great Dave, I got my license in '62 in Mom's Austin A35.

Only mistake I made was reaching for the dash mounted turn signal switch before I completed the turn.

Did yours have the same little lighted arms that swung out from near the roof to indicate the direction of turning ?? LOL

Funny little car but me and my buds had a blast in it.

The 59 had regular turn signals but mom had a 52 I think it was that had the flip out arms in door jam . I understand it rains on a daily basis in England but those cars were the worst in wet weather and lord help you if you hit a good sized puddle at an speed , the engine would promptly die.

Edit: pretty sure the 52 was an A30 looking at pictures on google.

Edited by dave524

Here's my ice fishing toys.

IMG_0811 - Copy.JPG

I added studs to the Ski-doo's track, for the extra traction needed to pull the trailer/fish hut; on the bare ice.

Going to replace the axle on the ice hut and move the wheels out from under. Then make up a drop suspension, so that I can lay the frame right down on the ice.

Something like this trailer.

ogj30w.jpg

I made the door on the hut large enough, so that I can drive the snowmobile in.

It works pretty good, I have the comfort of a permanent hut; that I can travel to different lakes with.

IMG_0820 - Copy.JPG

Dan

attachicon.gif26375_343488972848_127692_n.jpg

still have this one

2005 mxz adrenaline crazy to think its 11 years old now!

11 years that's still brand new if you take care of them. The RD is 44 years old and the GTO is 54 years old now. Both running like a top.lol. Bernie should post a few shots of the engines and boats he has restored they are works of art.

Art

Took me awhile to track down some photo's, I do have some recent ones somewhere & will pop them up when found but in the meantime,

My 1968 BSA Victor Clubman 441cc single, bought it as a basket case when I was 14. After tracking down a lot of missing parts I put together a rolling basket (pictured) it would be a few more years of tracking down parts & ditching Lucas crap. Currently it's a cafe racer

4fe34798-5a44-4747-95fc-b003d185805b_zps

The BSA will always be my first love but when I was 20 I bought another basket case this time it was a 1970 Norton 750 Commando S model. It has seen it's fair share of transformations over the years. A lot of missing parts but parts are more common for these than the BSA so it took half the time to put her together. Started stock then morphed to a chopper, had a sweet goose neck frame given to me, plunger rear. Never really been a chopper fan, more a bobber guy myself so thats the state she's in to this day. I'm seperated from them by about 2500km as they're in Nova Scotia but one day they shall be back here.

20161025_175235_zpsu9z1rkaw.jpg

Over the years there have been others, Triumphs, Yamaha's, Honda's, Vespa with a side car (really cool thing) but all never stayed with me.