2019-2020 Hockey Thread

The PA is the one thats not allowing this. It has nothing to do with the NHL not wanting it. They tried and the PA shot it down.

Yeah it's the same excuse, fear of increased injury.

Nannies. Remember when it wasn't over until someone scored? I remember watching a game that started at 6 or 7pm go until around 1am, maybe even longer I'm not sure?

When hockey players played hockey...

Those players are now the minority unfortunately

Nannies. Remember when it wasn't over until someone scored? I remember watching a game that started at 6 or 7pm go until around 1am, maybe even longer I'm not sure?

When hockey players played hockey...

Those players are now the minority unfortunately

That playing till some one scored was only in the playoffs, regular season games that were tied at the end of regulation were just that, a tie, game over , with 1 point going to each team.

i remember when a regular season tie was ok. what's wrong with that? i am not a fan on 3-3 to be honest -- it's exciting to watch but let's leave it for bush leagues and preseason.

I always disliked the shoot out. I think a 3 on 3 would be settled quickly, no need to worry that the game would go on all night. I would also be happy with a tie, as I don't like losers being rewarded with a point.

Edited by jimmer

That playing till some one scored was only in the playoffs, regular season games that were tied at the end of regulation were just that, a tie, game over , with 1 point going to each team.

And still a much better system IMO.

10 min 3 on 3, no points for the loser. Just a regular loss. Then much more games will be decided in regular time, I'd bet money on it.

Why should anyone get a point for making it to OT anyhow? Like I said before it's just an "everyone deserves a trophy" approach.

The standings are rediculous now. The point system breakdown in absurd.

Listening to the broadcasters near the playoffs is like listening to politician try and skirt around a question.

Well there is 9000 variables here in the next 3 games to figure out who makes it and who plays who? Rediculous

And still a much better system IMO.

10 min 3 on 3, no points for the loser. Just a regular loss. Then much more games will be decided in regular time, I'd bet money on it.

Why should anyone get a point for making it to OT anyhow? Like I said before it's just an "everyone deserves a trophy" approach.

The standings are rediculous now. The point system breakdown in absurd.

Listening to the broadcasters near the playoffs is like listening to politician try and skirt around a question.

Well there is 9000 variables here in the next 3 games to figure out who makes it and who plays who? Rediculous

It actually is effectively doing its job rick.

youve got 12 teams in the east right now that are within striking distance of a playoff spot and youve got 11 in the west...what that means is that youve got an extra 7 teams right now that are still generating good revenue because the games still matter.

Edited by AKRISONER

It actually is effectively doing its job rick.

youve got 12 teams in the east right now that are within striking distance of a playoff spot and youve got 11 in the west...what that means is that youve got an extra 7 teams right now that are still generating good revenue because the games still matter.

Yeah I get it. But disagree with it systematically, not business wise.

Of course business is always going to triumph in these matters.

I like when a crappy team had no chance. It made them make moves, develope from the ground up and make a winning team.

The day this ideology kicked in for me is when lindros refused to play in Quebec.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the game. But I'll take 70's through early 90's hockey anyday of the week.

Go watch NHL classics, it's depressingly better than today's game, politics and business removed

Great game last night. Marner with that little bit of hesitation before putting it through the 5 hole was sweet! Nice goal by Bozak as well.

Take great vision and accuracy to score with a 30mph wrist shot 18 feet out lol. I was impressed!

Great game last night!!!

I love how balanced our scoring has become!

Also bozack, what a boss goal!!!

Dave, how long does it take the light to go off after the goal is scored?

About a second or two Bill.

That's when watching on my sat.

When I'm streaming it's really weird as the stream lags behind the actual broadcast so it goes off quite a bit before the goal is scored.

I get to cheer a couple of minutes before I see the goal and have no idea who scored until I actually see it. :lol:

When I'm streaming it's really weird as the stream lags behind the actual broadcast so it goes off quite a bit before the goal is scored.

I get to cheer a couple of minutes before I see the goal and have no idea who scored until I actually see it. :lol:

Link? I need this in my life

When I was a kid, I used to watch some of the games in my room while my dad was watching in the living room. My TV always lagged a little behind his, so when I heard him cheer, I knew something good was about to happen.

Hahahaha imagine that!!!! A laffs fan anticipating something before it happens bahahah :rofl2::w00t::w00t::rofl2: you guys crack me up!

Go Sens Go

Two games in hand and 2 points behind for first in the division. 5 wins in a row. The Sens are hot!! :clapping::clapping:

Start planning the parade route.......... no one will go to the parade but start planning the route.

When I was a kid, I used to watch some of the games in my room while my dad was watching in the living room. My TV always lagged a little behind his, so when I heard him cheer, I knew something good was about to happen.

Start planning the parade route.......... no one will go to the parade but start planning the route.

Direct it at wynne and trudeau