2019-2020 Hockey Thread

tough loss for the Leafs last night. I wish the defence would take more slap shots from the point, they seem to like to take wrist shots and the majority of them are blocked. Polak seems to be the only guy taking slap shots from the point.

tough loss for the Leafs last night. I wish the defence would take more slap shots from the point, they seem to like to take wrist shots and the majority of them are blocked. Polak seems to be the only guy taking slap shots from the point.

Yup, I was thinking the same. Slap shots would have won this game for sure. Any they would be on their way to the cup!

:blahblah1::wallbash::whistling:

Yup, I was thinking the same. Slap shots would have won this game for sure. Any they would be on their way to the cup!

:blahblah1::wallbash::whistling:

how are the Senaturd's doing? all those trades maybe they should just give them the cup now

4 points ahead of you and 2 games in hand. Trades are working out fine and we haven't lost 5 in a row bahahahahah :w00t::rofl2::w00t::rofl2::rofl2:

sounds like we should just give you the cup now? your team is the best in the NHL. :rofl2:

Here's a question ...... can you pull your goalie during the 3 on 3? If I'm Babcock I'm not letting the next OT go to a shootout. I just don't have the team for winning shootouts. It's desperation time! Pull your goalie as soon as you gain the offensive side of the BL.

I could only handle the first period and they looked lost out there. West coast air sure doesn't agree with these guys. BTW what was Jake Gardiner on last night?? :wallbash:

I think Babcock should tell Gardiner if you try to clear the puck up the middle you are going to sit the next game, do that for 2 or 3 games and he might smarten up

You guys have 14 OTL for bonus points. 6 less wins and played 2 more games than the Sens but only 4 points behind. Not playing well enough to win but at least you're getting a point out of those games and it helps for sure.

That's the pisser, I hate leaving points on the board.

not just a leaf fan saying this...but the shootout has had its time, it feels like a friggin coin toss to decide games.

Its especially anti climatic now after the 3 on 3...you play an absolutely epic game of tight hockey, then you go to 3-3 and its absolutely wild, but then you just do a shootout and it seems like such a cheap way to end it.

Consider this...if the leafs literally were .500 in the shootout they would be 3rd in the division...instead they are out of the playoffs.

Calgary did the leafs a big favour yesterday.

The shoot out was fun, yeah fun, for about 1 season. Basically it drew people to watch as players showcased rediculous moves.

Then everyone realized there is waaaày less pressure and a better chance of scoring by shooting. You hardly see a deque now.

But yeah, I agree, never should have been a shout-out. Save if for the all Star game.

Also the NHL needs to adapt bills rule lol, 10 min. 3 on 3

The shoot out was fun, yeah fun, for about 1 season. Basically it drew people to watch as players showcased rediculous moves.

Then everyone realized there is waaaày less pressure and a better chance of scoring by shooting. You hardly see a deque now.

But yeah, I agree, never should have been a shout-out. Save if for the all Star game.

Also the NHL needs to adapt bills rule lol, 10 min. 3 on 3

The PA is the one thats not allowing this. It has nothing to do with the NHL not wanting it. They tried and the PA shot it down.