2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Not that I care, but moving forward into next season and the following ones, how TERRIBLE is Freddy in the shootout holy! I think they're 1-7 on the season... Needs to shape up when they're in contending form that's 7 points left for other teams

Love the 3 on 3. Let's have more of that and less shootouts. The girlfriend was watching with me, when it went 3 on 3 I told her she was in for a treat. First 3:30 I said 'hmmmm. It's not usually like this' last 1:30 we were both on the edge of our seats.

Hunwick gets the 'overtime player of the game' in my books. Crushed one of the NY players with a beautiful body check, took the puck and made a rediculous pass to....... was it Komorov? Had Lundquivst beat but missed the net.

Not that I care, but moving forward into next season and the following ones, how TERRIBLE is Freddy in the shootout holy! I think they're 1-7 on the season... Needs to shape up when they're in contending form that's 7 points left for other teams

There's two parts to the shoot out. Scoring and saving. Can't blame the goalie for it all.

I HATE the shootout, I wish they'd get rid of it and play a 10min 3on3 OT.

Another great game to watch lastnight., Matthews has to put that puck in the net!!!!

Edited by BillM

There's two parts to the shoot out. Scoring and saving. Can't blame the goalie for it all.

I HATE the shootout, I wish they'd get rid of it and play a 10min 3on3 OT.

Another great game to watch lastnight., Matthews has to put that puck in the net!!!!

Play 3 on 3 until someone scores!!! To hell with a time limit

I'm also sick of the 1 point system, it's like a participation medal. Do we really need a 22-12-8-5 record??? (just threw those #s out there)

Agreed, 3point games are stupid. I understand them not wanting games to go on forever, if that's the case you're tied after 10mins, you both get a point.

Agreed with both 100%. Lets go back to the old style rules. I have no problem with ties. Everyone plays for the 3 point game now and it makes it impossible for anyone to gain ground when it comes to the playoff picture. Tampa has been like a house on fire but they are still 5 points back with 5 teams in between them and a playoff spot. They may still make it, but I'm not putting money on it.

Agreed, 3point games are stupid. I understand them not wanting games to go on forever, if that's the case you're tied after 10mins, you both get a point.

If they are going to have 3 point games then a regulation win should be 3 points, overtime win 2 points and a single point for a loss in OT. IMHO

I dunno how it gets much simpler then this..

2 points win.

1 point each for a tie in OT.

0 points if you lose in regular time or OT.

I hate teams that win because they've got guys that are great in the shootout. Takes the whole team aspect out of it entirely.

Edited by BillM

I hate teams that win because they've got guys that are great in the shootout. Takes the whole team aspect out of it entirely.

Yup...and lately I hate teams that lose because they've got guys that suck in the shootout! LOL

3 on 3 OT...5 mins...no line changes hahahahaha That games going to end!!!!

Yup, the shoot out sucks in any sport! I agree with most here, get back to the old method, It worked.

Recall the TFC final a few months back. First time I watched a soccer game, (except for the woman"s Olympic team!) in my life. It was a really good opportunity for MLS to sell their game to city that isn't a soccer town. 120 minutes of no scoring, TFC's opponent DIDN"T GET A SHOT ON GOAL in regulation or extra time. TFC lost in a shoot out. Last game I'll watch!

HH

Edited by Headhunter