2019-2020 Hockey Thread

44 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

It won't happen, but I'd like to see Hutch get some starts.

The Leafs weren't that sharp either. Lots of passes were in the skates. I miss Gardiner's puck moving ability too.  

In OT they coughed up the puck a couple times without getting a scoring chance. That's a no no, gotta keep possession 3 on 3.

at least we got a valuable point

Yup, passing was brutal  as well as the giveaways last night.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, jerpears1 said:

Mostly I just want Pittsburgh to miss the playoffs. We played this on another thread. 5 favourite teams and 5 most hated teams. 

Me: 

1) Leafs 

2) Flames 

3) Oilers 

4) Caps 

5) Winnipeg (Vancouver used to be in there until they tried to burn the city down) 

hated: 

1) Boston 

2) Islanders (just took over recently) 

3) Sens 

4) Pens 

5) Detroit

The only team that matters on this list is Boston who will make it a quick exit for the laffs...….

And you can take that to the bank lol

Let's go Bruins Lets go!

?

Edited by muskymatt

4 hours ago, chris.brock said:

It won't happen, but I'd like to see Hutch get some starts.

Should of gave him the $750,000 US.

So can the leafs sit Sparks in the playoffs ( make up some illness like the flu for the whole run. LOL) and put Hutch in as the back up ?

2 hours ago, Rodnreel said:

You're easily the biggest tool in the box....why not go somewhere you are wanted/respected besides your mother's basement....

You do realize that a  tool is a very useful devise or apparatus that is highly desired most of the time?

I don't live in my mom's basement, she's 80 and I'm 53 and married with kids. That would be awkward.

I did renovate it for her though and it would be very comfortable. 

Thanks!??

Welcome to the forum!

4 hours ago, muskymatt said:

The only team that matters on this list is Boston who will make it a quick exit for the laffs...….

And you can take that to the bank lol

Let's go Bruins Lets go!

?

When I was a kid I used to have friends that i’d Watch WWE wrestling. I’d stick with my favourites (Hacksaw Jim Dugan, The Undertaker, Bret Hart), sometimes they would lose but it was always that much more fun and rewarding when they would win or when they were holding a WWE title. 

Their favourite was whoever was holding the WWE championship title at the time. 

Needless to say, we didn’t stay friends for very long. 

Edited by jerpears1

11 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

When I was a kid I used to have friends that i’d Watch WWE wrestling. I’d stick with my favourites (Hacksaw Jim Dugan, The Undertaker, Bret Hart), sometimes they would lose but it was always that much more fun and rewarding when they would win or when they were holding a WWE title. 

Their favourite was whoever was holding the WWE championship title at the time. 

Needless to say, we didn’t stay friends for very long. 

I'll clarify my comments then. 

I'm sort of but not really rooting for the Bruins as much as I am just rooting for anyone to beat the laffs...…..anyone!

7 hours ago, misfish said:

I was more of a tag team guy.

2465+-+bushwacker_butch+bushwacker_luke+

I liked these guys but of course can't remember their names. I knew a few guys from the gym in Hamilton that were gabrons. A gabrone is the fall guy. The Super Stars would come out and beat the hell out of them for 10 minutes. Of course if they were rasslin' a bad guy they would beat them to a pulp and just before the ref gave the 3 count they would lift the gabrons arm so the match would continue. Rasslin' might be fake but those guys black and blue bodies wouldn't agree. To boot they weren't paid much either but got on Maple Leaf Wrestling and latter on the . We saw them all, the list is long. shows for everyone to see them get the snot beat out of them. We used to sneak into the old "Barn", The Barton St. arena in Hamilton in the early 60's. That was the home of the Jr. A Hamilton Red Wings  as if the security guard didn't know.Then they taped MLW on King St. W. in the old  CHCH channel 11 studio. Got in for free then. They actually went on the street to get some fans to watch.  A guy would hold up signs when it was time to cheer, if you did a good job, free popcorn and pop. Many greats that went on to stardom are from the T.O. Hamilton, Niagara area. The Beast (worked at Dofasco), Pompero Firpo (worked at Stelco for a while), The Iron Sheik, Bruno Samartino, Dominic Fanucci (owned a restaurant in the Falls,) Lord Athol Layton, Billy Red Lyons, the Hart Bothers father, The Love Brothers (owned a vegetable fruit market in Hamilton,) the list is long. I can't forget Angelo "King Kong" Mosca, I still see him at the Raccomultese social club in the north end. He has dementia now in his 80's, has his good days and bad days. 

I mentioned Hockey. 

Geesus I hate the Bruins !!!!!!!

The pest (actually RAT) and Bergeron were in playoff mode last night ... first round anxiety is already setting in ... the Leafs better put these guys away ( 3rd chance at it )

Edited by Jds63

14 minutes ago, Jds63 said:

Geesus I hate the Bruins !!!!!!!

The pest (actually RAT) and Bergeron were in playoff mode last night ... first round anxiety is already setting in ... the Leafs better put these guys away ( 3rd chance at it )

I was watching and thinking, if any of you laffites were watching it must have brought back terrible memories of laffs collapses at the hands of the Bruins. 

It was a perfect example of the Bruins late surge and the total collapse of the other team.....

?

55 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

I was watching and thinking, if any of you laffites were watching it must have brought back terrible memories of laffs collapses at the hands of the Bruins. 

It was a perfect example of the Bruins late surge and the total collapse of the other team.....

?

At least we will have something to cheer for .. you have already seemed to have jumped ship .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The sad part about a leafs bruins match up is that one of the top teams in the league will be gone after the first round. They need to change this playoff format now.

We also still need to have patience with the Leafs, they are in rebuilding mode, but all of a sudden some are expecting them to win the cup. Yes, some key pieces have been added, but still lots of youth in the line up.

1 hour ago, jimmer said:

The sad part about a leafs bruins match up is that one of the top teams in the league will be gone after the first round. They need to change this playoff format now.

We also still need to have patience with the Leafs, they are in rebuilding mode, but all of a sudden some are expecting them to win the cup. Yes, some key pieces have been added, but still lots of youth in the line up.

This format is taking a lot of heat on sports news and radio. No one likes it and they are questioning the team owners on how they even excepted it.

3 hours ago, jimmer said:

no just want to get past the first round ... no expectations of winning the cup this year !!!

53 minutes ago, Jds63 said:

no just want to get past the first round ... no expectations of winning the cup this year !!!

I wasn't really quoting anyone in particular. All us Leafs fans get a little over hyped at times. I'm with you on the first round win against the Bruins though!!!!!