2019-2020 Hockey Thread

16 hours ago, chris.brock said:

what a stupid, childish thing to write

lol luckily i grew up with two older brothers that were 7 and 9 years older than me respectively so that kinda hot garbage is laughable to me. If an internet troll wants to try and take shots at me in a hockey thread, id rather it me than someone else thats more sensitive lol.

How about them leafs! Big JT with the goal after that moment at centre ice. It doesnt get any better. Keep it rolling! Also anyone notice just how strong kapanen is? Guy thought hed play sticks with him and kapanen decided that that was going to be the end of the conversation.

Edited by AKRISONER

leafs cant swing with the big dogs...especially those big bruising west teams...

Its an absolute travesty that one of boston or toronto will be out after the first round, meanwhile a team like the islanders is going to get a pass.

Edited by AKRISONER

15 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

leafs cant swing with the big dogs...especially those big bruising west teams...

Its an absolute travesty that one of boston or toronto will be out after the first round, meanwhile a team like the islanders is going to get a pass.

Habs will beat em in the first round. ? 

but you are right. Everyone hates this playoff format. 

Also leafs ads are getting hot at the right time. Hope they keep this play up. Everyone looked good last night. 

Just now, jerpears1 said:

Habs will beat em in the first round. ? 

but you are right. Everyone hates this playoff format. 

Also leafs ads are getting hot at the right time. Hope they keep this play up. Everyone looked good last night. 

4th liners scoring hatricks...not too shabby lol

Habs are going to finish in that dreaded 9th place spot where you dont get a good draft pick and you dont make the playoffs...

10 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

4th liners scoring hatricks...not too shabby lol

Habs are going to finish in that dreaded 9th place spot where you dont get a good draft pick and you dont make the playoffs...

Mostly I just want Pittsburgh to miss the playoffs. We played this on another thread. 5 favourite teams and 5 most hated teams. 

Me: 

1) Leafs 

2) Flames 

3) Oilers 

4) Caps 

5) Winnipeg (Vancouver used to be in there until they tried to burn the city down) 

hated: 

1) Boston 

2) Islanders (just took over recently) 

3) Sens 

4) Pens 

5) Detroit

15 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

Mostly I just want Pittsburgh to miss the playoffs.

any particular reason? I personally think Pittsburgh is a huge threat this year...any time crosby and malkin are playing, anyone is in trouble. They are the ultimate dark horse this year...except they bloody just won back to back cups...look the hell out.

Love

1. Buds all day

2. Edmonton

3. Winnipeg

meh, i just like players on the rest but i dont specifically like the team big time Crosby fan I think hes top 4 all time maybe even better than Orr but not quite Lemieux and definitely not Gretzky, PK, Ovi, Toews and Taresenko 

Hated

1. Ottawa (a complete joke of an "NHL" Franchise...quite literally I think they should move)

2. Vancouver (no history, no fan base, burned their city down, people dont care about hockey there)

3. Boston (marchand is a rat and their home announcer is a clown, damn pasta bergeron and chara are good though...Love to hate these guys. Oh I also hate people from Boston, their fan base is racist, and scummy)

4. Montreal (I dont actually hate the habs, I respect their history, i respect their fan base, I respect what they signify to the province of Quebec, and i respect that they've won more cups than any other team, I just friggin love watching Toronto beat them, especially at home more than any other team in the NHL. I just know how friggin much it hurts them when they lose to Toronto at home. You could almost see them cry when the leafs crushed them a couple of weeks back.  I dream of a playoff series between the two. I dont think we will have to wait too many more years for it to happen)

5. Dallas (I probably wouldnt hate them, but their current line up of Seguin and Benn, both of those guys are known partyers and I am super anti stereotypical hockey bro, nose beers lifestyle, and those two idiots personify it) I am also aware that this is hypocritical because the oilers were the kings of snow in the 80's...but times have changed.

Edited by AKRISONER

Mostly the reasons you listed for the Pens. Crosby and Malkin can turn it on at any point in time and really make a run through the playoffs or at least play spoiler. I'm also a fan of the underdog. Let Columbus have their day in the sun. They deserve it for all of the moves they have made and the push. I'd legit feel bad for them if they missed. 

Also I don't want the Pens to make the playoffs for the same reason them and the Red Wings are on my hated list. Its hate from a place of respect. They have both been great franchises for most of my life and I'm jealous because I wish (and now hope) that Toronto can do what they did. Its time for another team to have the spotlight and be the talk of the NHL.

Edit: That being said, I'm also a little PO'ed with fanbases like Pittsburgh. They have had some of the greatest players of all time (Lemeuix, Jagr) and have won a few cups in the last 40 years and yet the franchise almost folded due to lack of support. Then they lotto picked Crosby and all of the sudden everyone comes back in droves? What a bunch of fair weather fans. Not sure if I have less respect for that or for the Islanders fan base (putting aside all of the Tavares stuff. I just mean a fanbase that has a team in first and barely fills half the arena)

Edited by jerpears1

27 minutes ago, Jds63 said:

Marchand has gone from licking his opponents face to trolling the internet with his tweets ...

image.png.d87cae520ad9cf570898f106191a55a0.png

At least Dubas said something. I know Marner doesn't want to get in trouble but everything he said was a generic quote. Would have been good if he at least threw a jab or a joke out. 

It won't happen, but I'd like to see Hutch get some starts.

The Leafs weren't that sharp either. Lots of passes were in the skates. I miss Gardiner's puck moving ability too.  

In OT they coughed up the puck a couple times without getting a scoring chance. That's a no no, gotta keep possession 3 on 3.

at least we got a valuable point