2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Well currently they would pick 13th so there's still time to drop a few more spots to help solidify a good draft pick. :whistling:

The draft always confuses me in hockey. (Not really I just never look at the actual standings). I always figure if you make the playoffs, highest you can pick is 17th........ I'd implement that rule to be honest. Kinda sucks if you are in the west, finish out of a playoff spot with 92 points and you end up picking lower then a team in the east that made the playoffs with 86 points.

You don't have to be dead last to get a good pick. And yes 3-5 spots does make a difference.

Hey Bill, where did all Septembers patient, understanding fans go that wanted to rebuild this team the right way?? Screw it!! trade the farm it's playoff time!! LOL

I was and am one of those fans, i was against trading away young talent for a playoff run that might not happen...

Playoffs are awesome, I wasn't expecting it to happen, I'm still not, but when their this close and you dont want them...I don't know....seems crazy.

Try not to cheer if they make them eh

Edited by Brettiop

Yup, when games matter the boys tend to play better :) Funny how that works (Well lets exclude the Florida game, they were still thinking of the fish they caught)

did you see Bozak's post game interview?

http://www.tsn.ca/video/nhl-maple-leafs-5-lightning-0~1079271

to paraphrase

"you get to do some stuff outside the rink as a team i think it really helped us tonight" with a huge grin on his face

Also...I dont know about you guys but every time we watch now everyone is yelling and cheering when we score...its been a long time since goals have really mattered. I also saw the leafs play the jets last month and I havent heard the ACC that loud in a longggg time.

Edited by AKRISONER

Marner is at 38 assists this year and the Leaf rookie record, set by Gus Bodnar back in 1943 is 40! With 13 games remaining, he should overtake it. That's pretty slick. Good on the kid!

Yessir!

Very impressive since he has the overall ability to score alot of goals in the future too.

His game is different than Mathews too! This is gonna be a special pair of players that's for certain

Akin to Crosby/Malkin. Different styles, both remarkably effective

Yes! Big win tonight.

It's nice to see them score three quick goals late in the third instead of being scored on.

Oops, I guess they are still letting those late goals in. Oh well, it didn't hurt them today.

Edited by JohnBacon

Yes! Big win tonight.

It's nice to see them score three quick goals late in the third instead of being scored on.

Oops, I guess they are still letting those late goals in. Oh well, it didn't hurt them today.

I missed tonight's game, ughhh

Sounds like the leafs played well. Boston is a tough team, and normally spanks us