2019-2020 Hockey Thread

my brother got offered to see the game in the UPS box last night, and offered to bring me along with him. What an incredible game and experience. Got to meet the newest addition to legends row, wendy himself.

Got an autographed puck and a photo. What a game.

Holy hell Laine's shot is ridiculous. In person its more impressive than even on Tv. Ive been around a lot of rinks over the years and I have never seen anyone come even close to having a release thats half as quick as that.

I guess i need to see ovi in the flesh.

wendy.jpg

my brother got offered to see the game in the UPS box last night, and offered to bring me along with him. What an incredible game and experience. Got to meet the newest addition to legends row, wendy himself.

Holy hell Laine's shot is ridiculous. In person its more impressive than even on Tv. Ive been around a lot of rinks over the years and I have never seen anyone come even close to having a release thats half as quick as that.

attachicon.gifwendy.jpg

Such a cool experience. Great pic!

Exciting to watch this young team, win or lose. I hope the nonsense about possibly trading Nylander stops; there is absolutely no need to make any kind of trade unless someone wants Lupul or the NHL experienced guys with the Marlies. They don't need to make the move this year, because they struggle against the big western teams and adding one guy won't make a difference in the long run at this point.

I'll be pissed if they trade nylander

dont let the media overhype this garbage..there is absolutely 0 chance they trade a potential top 10 NHL player for anything less than a young top pairing D man...which no one in the NHL is offering...for obvious reasons. Unless a team offers up to trade mcdavid or crosby and to eat the salary...they arent trading nylander.

Agreed. I want a top D man for this team, but this core is playing so well. I don't want to move anyone.

Kadri quietly has 25 goals! 25! If you had bet me he'd have that many by the end of the year I would have laughed.

Those aren't quite goals dood! He's played a massive part in this team winning

He's getting into the dirty areas around the net and he has hands that's for sure!!!

Look at the stats lol, seems like the whole bunch of forwards has 15+ goals lol

It's spread out nicely. Lotsa depth

Those aren't quite goals dood! He's played a massive part in this team winning

He's getting into the dirty areas around the net and he has hands that's for sure!!!

Look at the stats lol, seems like the whole bunch of forwards has 15+ goals lol

It's spread out nicely. Lotsa depth

I haven't watched a ton of games (no cable) but on the sports radio shows 90% of the talk is Marner, Mathews, Anderson and occasionally Nylander. This is the first I heard of Kadri's goal scoring prowess today. They mention his D quite a bit but I had zero idea.

I haven't watched a ton of games (no cable) but on the sports radio shows 90% of the talk is Marner, Mathews, Anderson and occasionally Nylander. This is the first I heard of Kadri's goal scoring prowess today. They mention his D quite a bit but I had zero idea.

Understandable.

I've watched almost every game this season and trust me, the other team knows when he's on the ice!

Edited by manitoubass2

Agreed. I want a top D man for this team, but this core is playing so well. I don't want to move anyone.

Kadri quietly has 25 goals! 25! If you had bet me he'd have that many by the end of the year I would have laughed.

You can thank Babs for that.

He put him in front of the net on the PP and it's worked awesome!!!!

attachicon.gifwendy.jpg

that man in the pic beside you had a wrister that would make Laine look like a kid...Just sayin....

Edited by tb4me

it'd be interesting to see how some of our heroes from the past would fare with todays advances in technology. especially the composite sticks, wonder how lethal wendel's shot would be.

it was a different game in the 80s/90s. wood sticks, smaller (and poorer) goalies, hack, slash and octopus (garth butcher, jamie macoun and brad marsh) hanging on to you as you tow them around the ice.

it'd be interesting to see how some of our heroes from the past would fare with todays advances in technology. especially the composite sticks, wonder how lethal wendel's shot would be.

it was a different game in the 80s/90s. wood sticks, smaller (and poorer) goalies, hack, slash and octopus (garth butcher, jamie macoun and brad marsh) hanging on to you as you tow them around the ice.

Its not the best thing in the world by any means but I like www.whatifsports.com to compare teams from then and now. (With the simulator a buddy of mine and I determined the Leafs would beat the Canadians in the 93 finals if they had made it.)

I remember seeing slow motions replays of Wendel's wrist shot from just inside the blue line...that old 2x4 Sherwood was bent like a pretzel as he loaded it up! I too would love to see what Clarke, Hull (Bobby), or MacInnis would have done with a composite stick. Laine's got great shot takes coordination without doubt, but a lot of the credit goes to the stick.