2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Can't believe Nyquist only got 6 games for that spear... Saw Brian McGrattan (ex nhler) said it should be 20, can't say I disagree with him

I'd agree. Very serious intent to harm

His argument about trying to position his stick to cross check back is bull as you can see the change in momentum after contact, there is no further forward motion.

He's friggen lucky at 6 games. He'd be lucky at 20 games.

He was an inch or two from removing someone's eye with intent to injure

So his story was he was trying to retaliate with a cross check. How nice. Should have got 20 games. Every player would think twice about retaliation.

That's his story but watch the video.

If he had truly tried that his stick wouldn't have stopped when it hit the players face.

He's full of crap and I'd agree on 20 games.

He's also gonna get his arse kicked so thats a good thing

Nobody on Detroit to protect him either

Edited by manitoubass2

So his story was he was trying to retaliate with a cross check. How nice. Should have got 20 games. Every player would think twice about retaliation.

And that is why the NHL is losing support by making ridiculous judgments like that. I agree it should have been 10+ games. Anyone who watches the replay can see it was 100% intentional. And yes, he is a marked man now.

Hmmm...no comments from the laffites yesterday. Pretty back and forth game for most of it. Not sure why the goalie was pulled so quickly. 5 points for Stone (NICE). 2 points behind the scabs with 3 games in hand and 5 ahead of the laffs with a game in hand. I'd say we are not looking too bad.

All joking aside, last years dismal showing from the Canadian teams it's nice to be able talk about them all in a fight for the post season.

Still was nice to march into your barn and hand a loss to them. :clapping::worthy:

Hmmm...no comments from the laffites yesterday. Pretty back and forth game for most of it. Not sure why the goalie was pulled so quickly. 5 points for Stone (NICE). 2 points behind the scabs with 3 games in hand and 5 ahead of the laffs with a game in hand. I'd say we are not looking too bad.

All joking aside, last years dismal showing from the Canadian teams it's nice to be able talk about them all in a fight for the post season.

Still was nice to march into your barn and hand a loss to them. :clapping::worthy:

I didn't watch much of the game because we had company over but when Kadri took the holding penalty 170 feet from his net in a tied game, I thought, oh here we go. Sure enough, that was it. It's frustrating but honestly, I don't want them to be the 8th place team in the playoffs...I just want them to beat Ottawa every single freaking time! LOL

Good game. Did the refs win again.

You have to pull early to have time to pressure. It's not as easy to get that goal these days.

It was a risk at the wrong time IMO.

The leafs already had alot of pressure on.

But it is what it is. We score and Babcock's a genius, we lose its a horrible call.

I thought Riely's goal was the best, you put a man in front of the net and screen the goalie and fire away from the point and try to deflect the puck if possible, that was working pretty good for them at the beginning of the year. it also worked pretty good for Ottawa's first two goals. I wonder if the Leafs practice tipping pucks in from the point?

Great bounce back from compared to last night's game! Also that Matthews goal was awesome! Now he just needs to pot some more in order to pass Laine lol

It's bothersome that comparison is being made still, considering the differences of linemates and position played, oh well what can you do lol

I know the Leafs are in rebuild mode. If they make the playoffs or not, they are likely going to finish middle of the pack, with a middle of the pack draft pick. There won't be a first over all pick for us.

I'm all in, hoping we make the playoffs. It would be exciting and making the playoffs anything can happen, like the Oilers in 06.