The Pull

Dutch01

It happens every year. I know it's early yet for my favorite shore spot. It's probably two or three weeks away from catching fire. Every year I resolve to wait until October. And then I feel it.

It reminds me of quitting smoking, which I did two weeks ago now. I think "I'm fine, I can do this". And then I feel it.

"I can catch up on stuff around the house". I tell myself. Today I thought "It's going to be cold tonight, the fish will be off". And that might be true. But still I feel it.

The pull took me up there last weekend and I was rewarded with a chunky largemouth and a 21" walleye. Not bad for being two weeks early. I can't post pics because they'll identify my spot and then you'll feel the pull too. If you don't already.

I always call my buddies and round up the gang. On Monday. "Are you fishing this weekend?". "Dude, it's Monday!". Sometimes I wonder if they feel the pull like I do.

It's a rare day when no one comes out so I don't get out alone very often. Perhaps because of that it feels like a rare treat when I do. I didn't call anyone this week. I decided to go alone. I'd have the cold and the coyotes all to myself.

And then my phone rings this morning. "Hey, are you going tonight?".

A smile creeps across my face. Yup, they feel it too.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Dutch

Edited by Dutch01

Sounds like classic falleye symptoms...

That's funny, I've never heard it called that before! I definitely have it.

I too feel the pull..Perhaps not the same spot. The pull is much like the force..Every fall it comes on strong..Good luck and have fun!

Thanks and you too!

I know that feeling too well Dutch!

I consider myself very lucky to have 2 wicked shore spots in my backyard.

Because sometimes that "pull" comes when im very busy, and because of these spots, I can still get out for an hour or two.

Heck sometimes ill go all day, or 4 times a day.

This time of year is amazing!

ive got a week booked off to head to the lake commencing the 28th of October...9 days straight of prime time prime season fishing. Hoping some fall magic happens.

And dutch, who said anything about waiting? Im going up north this weekend for a fish lol.

Edited by AKRISONER

The pull is strong with this one.

OMG DUDE, is that you? LOL

The pull comes 3 months at a time.

Jan 1st, Pulls me to the ice.Then spring comes and rainbows,whites and lakers. Summer comes and pulled to bass. Fall comes and it salmon and chromers. Then Jan 1st comes around again. Im pulled 12 months of the year.

Edited by Brian B

I just fished my balls off on a hardcore trip all last week. Even so, while watching the sun set while at work last evening I could feel "the pull" and it was strong.

"The pull" is relentless, especially in autumn, an awesome time of the year.

I feel it all year too but the fall is especially bad.

You gonna meet me at the spot anytime this fall Chris? Send me a PM.....