Stolen outboard

Gallie

Some ass stole my friends 1970 johnson 25hp right off the back of the boat sitting in my canal.
The cowling was painted all white with no decals or numbers on it, bottom was still original johnson green. If you see this motor or suspect that you see it please contact me directly at 1-289-231-4997, it is not worth a whole lot but we have countless hours of labour into the motor and my buddy is heartbroken that it is gone. I will give $100 if your help leads to the return of the motor. Thanks fellas

I don't really wanna be a downer here but...

Based on the descriptions including the fresh rebuild, it almost seems like it would be someone who knew the motor was A1 in spite of it's appearance. By that I mean it doesn't make sense that it was just happened upon, sounds more like it was targeted.

I sincerely hope it's return is soon!

Michael

Friend had an old 20 or 25 hp Johnson stolen from the same area, however, that was at least 15 or 20 years ago.

He was an older guy who`s passed away now. Paid to keep the boat docked at the marina. Went up one day to go fishing and no motor on the boat.

I`ll be up in cottage country for the next few days and will certainly keep an eye out for your buddy`s motor.

From what I have heard from a cop they end up at hunt camps and used for moose hunting and crossing lakes in the middle of nowhere ..... Or at boat stash places way up north ..... And true they are usually never seen again ... Here on the Kawarthas it's a regular occurrence and they will hit an area on a shoreline and move on .... I know several people that have had motors and stuff stolen over the years and they are never seen again .... That's the sad part most are never recovered I hope they get caught I have also heard of a guy who had his transom cut right out to take the motor ...... Unreal same with graphs and trolling motors lock them down for sure at least make it harder for them to get and hopefully make to much noise as well happens all too much for sure same for sleds and quads they just vanish ?????

All the crook needs to do is get a spray can of paint and cover the white part of the motor - no way you gonna tell that this is the motor your looking for - I have one of those gadgets that lock the small outboard to the boat - in fact I tie everything down with a chain and lock - if someone has a mind to steal anything they are going to have to work for it - and hope that I don't see them stealing anything cause they'll get a face full of bear spray for their troubles =

I'm north next week too, it's a long shot, but I'll keep an eye out.

I really want to read a story where somebody catches one of these snakes. Me and my cottage friends are sick and tired of this crap.

Meanwhile, the cops are boating around and chatting up chicks, and harassing the good guys.

Guys, damn lowlifes are everywhere. Around here on the Head Pond there are two launches, one at Clay Bank and the other behind the Boeing plant. For at least the last two years fishermen have been getting ripped off. Last year it was trailer parts like spares, jack wheels etc. This year they have started breaking into vehicles too. They have it all planned with hand tools and even reciprocating saw this year to cut brackets.Two different vehicles, one as a lookout. It doesn't get much lower than this! These guys are scum of the earth. I'm a member of fish-hawk, and three members there have been hit, so who knows how bad it really is? Of course the cops know but...
Thing is, even if they did ever get caught, chances are they wouldn't get much. What really needs to happen is a well thought out sting operation, followed by some good old fashioned country justice. That'd teach those buggers a proper lesson.

Cheers

Edited by smitty55

You guys are going to think this is a waist of time; but it works most times, to detur the thrives.

Get one of those blinking red LED lights that is used along with automotive alarm systems. Drill a small hole through the engine cover to install it and connect to a battery feed. If the boat/motor doesn't have/use a battery, a small 9 volt is enough to power the light for weeks.

I did this on my 23 foot house trailer and all my break ins stopped

Dan

You guys are going to think this is a waist of time; but it works most times, to detur the thrives.

Get one of those blinking red LED lights that is used along with automotive alarm systems. Drill a small hole through the engine cover to install it and connect to a battery feed. If the boat/motor doesn't have/use a battery, a small 9 volt is enough to power the light for weeks.

I did this on my 23 foot house trailer and all my break ins stopped

Dan

Please post pics..........