NF any enviromental engineers on board?

Environmental engineering tech and Certified Engineering Technologist here. Definitely not an engineer though.

Legally I can't say I'm an engineer and I have to correct people if they call me one. Otherwise the PEO will track me down and give me a cease and desist order haha

Edited by Rod Caster

Hahahah.

Well here is the deal.

Im currently working at new gold mine.

The company has decided to offer me a position with one of their enviromental engineers. Already know the guy and worked with him on another project unrelated, great guy great boss.

Anyhow, this means a pretty good pay raise, new truck including fuel card, and a desk in the tbay office.

Downside is i would be travelling(not far) but my boundries would basically be north to ear falls, as far as thunder bay, and also in the dryden area.

Im very tempted(fishing possibilies) also from what my "future" boss tells me its a cakewalk. Lotsa work at home on a laptop just running numbers. Not a tonne of travel but some( a week here a week there kinda thing)

He says his area is mainly scouting and accessing areas for wildlife native to the area, as well as insects/plants/trees etc.

Sounds like a good gig, and a terrific field to get into for your area (mines and the like)

That kind of work is more ecology/biology vs engineering but the lines blur very easily in the environmental field. I do almost as much civil work as I do enviro

Good luck Rick. More pay and perks are a great start!

Sounds like a good gig, and a terrific field to get into for your area (mines and the like)

That kind of work is more ecology/biology vs engineering but the lines blur very easily in the environmental field. I do almost as much civil work as I do enviro

Good luck Rick. More pay and perks are a great start!

So you think its an upgrade?

Remember I have no schooling on this so I know I gonna be a female dog, but its sound to me like a great upgrade

So you think its an upgrade?

Remember I have no schooling on this so I know I gonna be a female dog, but its sound to me like a great upgrade

Well, I know what one pretty famous person would say...

"If someone offers you an amazing opportunity and you're not sure you can do it, say yes - then learn how to do it later." - Richard Branson

Edited by JohnBacon

i would say anything where you the possibility to learn something new, and with those kind of perks, take it. you never know when those opprotunities will come up again. the more you know how to do, the better you set yourself up for the future.

Ill call myself a enviromental hooker from here on out lol.

That sounds about right, doing environmental assessment but being paid by the mining company, it's like a constant conflict of interest.

Regardless, call me a tree hugger too because that sounds like a sweet gig

That sounds about right, doing environmental assessment but being paid by the mining company, it's like a constant conflict of interest.

Regardless, call me a tree hugger too because that sounds like a sweet gig

Hahahahaha.

Same with Chad???

Granolas on the top shelf! Amazing with some yogurt lol