Musky Spawning in Lower Buckhorn Lake - Underwater Video

James77

I was up north two weeks ago, for the second year in a row Musky were spawning in our bay. Bay is shallow 3-7 feet at the deepest.

We saw about ten swimming around. Most of the one's in the video are mid 30" fish.

I saw two that day that made me say "holy $#&$". One was a mid forties and thick fish, another had to be a 50 if i've ever seen one. Was covered in scars and looked very intimidating swimming up to the dock I was sitting on.

There's better action towards the end. Watch in 1080p for best results.

Edited by James77

Really cool video, thanks for sharing.

What did you use to film this?

It was a GoPro Hero4 Silver Camera- Just set it up under the dock and pointed it at what seemed to be a focal point for them.

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the video! It was really cool to see in person.

They weren't hitting on anything, they were swimming right by schools of baitfish. They seem to be in a trance.

great vid! funny how they react and the water changes... I was watching a solo musky feeding today at the locks in Lindsay with the kids. It was all about the perch and gills so it must have done it's 'dance' ans we noticed some good marks on it's back too (from anything inc logs or even a prop)

As I have said before Lower Buckhorn is my home lake and is a good lake for musky although maybe not the giants of Georgian bay or the St.Lawrence but great numbers and now you can see the proof for yourself. I have seen muskies spawning at the foot of my dock in some years and its only about 3ft. deep as well as other shallow bays and some in that 48" range. Thanks for posting!!

Kawartha Kev