D you think the raptors are toast?

Rizzo

I was ready to watch the Jays play when the Raps were down 90-75, but the Jays were getting pounded by the White Sox and went back to watching the Raps. lol

Entertaining to say the least!

Paul George is still a monster tho...which shows one man can't take on a team. Still giving the Raps the edge over Pacers.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

I have no idea how they pulled this one off. Wow. Well done boys MEN!

I only started watching once the 4th started, if you must know. I take full credit. What I saw, that game was fun to watch. Let's hope thy carry that momentum into Indiana.

I only started watching once the 4th started, if you must know. I take full credit. What I saw, that game was fun to watch. Let's hope thy carry that momentum into Indiana.

Maybe you should watch the fourth quarter tonight. It looks like they need some help. :D

Maybe you should watch the fourth quarter tonight. It looks like they need some help. :D

I'm was out for supper and got home at the start of the second half. Seems like I'm a bit of a double edged sword.

Edited by netminder

For a moment I flashbacked to the Leafs -Bruins semifinals of , what was it 2012? Yeah they got it done, but not holding high hopes for further advancement. We watched them religiously during the regular season, they were a team of 4th quarter rallies, not collapses :wallbash:

Amazingly, the Raps sqeaked in there for the win, by doing just enough. DD didn't have a particularly good series, but I hope he finds his scoring touch when they face Miami. It was a nail biter for sure, especially with the missed foul call in the latest minute of play. Usually, the Raps are the ones who get the short end of the stick when it comes to missed foul calls nearing the end of a game. Feels good to be on the other side of that coin.

Edited by FrankTheRabbit

For a moment I flashbacked to the Leafs -Bruins semifinals of , what was it 2012? Yeah they got it done, but not holding high hopes for further advancement. We watched them religiously during the regular season, they were a team of 4th quarter rallies, not collapses :wallbash:

lmao the exact same went through my head when they got it to 3 points...i said to myself holy crepe this is the leafs all over again!

I have been trying to watch NBA ball lately and can't get into it. I Thought I would jump on the bandwagon but just can't get past a first quarter. I've lost my passion for it, I don't know why really, we were fanatics for Basketball. You took your ball everywhere with you, like skate boards today. I think it is great a new generation of fans are following The Raptors. I have been getting nostalgic lately. When I was in HS playing we were fanatics. We didn't have cable yet and only got 1 or 2 games on a Sunday. We would actually all crawl in the VW and 5 of us would shuffle off to North Tonawanda and invade my Noni's living room to watch a Braves game after the expansion. The poor woman. 14 teams then. Teams like Cincinnati Royals, San Fran Warriors, San Diego Rockets. We knew most all the starters on every team, heck there were only 14 until 1970 I think. Wilt Chamberlan, Lew Alcinder, Pistol Pete Maravich, Bob Lanier. Expansion teams were Cleveland, Portland and Buffalo in 70 or 71 to make it 17 teams.

If you owned a pair of Bob Cousey Converse it was like having the newest Air Jordans. There was a kid then in a Hamilton High School that could actually,,,,ready,,,, dunk a ball. He made the Spectator because of it. It was illegal then to dunk a ball in HS, University too if I remember, as if anyone could.

I am going to try to watch the next game.

Since the playoffs have started, the Raps haven't really had all pistons firing. The commentators were mentioning how Lowry & Derozan have the lowest FG% during the playoffs amongst active NBA players. If they can somehow find their scoring touch again, things would be so different. The Raps are hanging in there because of the supporting cast...Valanciunas, Powell, Joseph, Ross and Biyombo being pretty huge on the rebounds too.

Some of the bricks that DD & KL have been putting up are pretty embarrassing lol. They've been getting good open looks, but can't seem to sink it down. And what's up with using up 12 seconds of the shot clock??? Oh man, drives me bonkers! Dribble-dribble, hangout at half court for like 7 seconds, when they should setting up for a play. Excruciating! They did that against Pacers and they did that again last night and they end up jacking up a hail mary with 3 seconds on the shot clock...what the hell???

As much as I wanna see the Raps succeed into the next round, championship calibre teams don't do silly stuff that the Raps do. Although, Miami did have a few brain farts of their own, which pushed it to OT. lol

Still rooting for the Raps, because we know DD & KL could play better than what they've shown so far.

Sure wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. DD and KL are still struggling. Had they made their FTs, OT could have been avoided altogether. Even KL's last shot at the end of the game was a real head scratcher. The guy had no intention of making a play and going into OT.

But definitely give credit to their defence. They kept Miami scoreless for almost the entire duration of OT lol.

Hopefully, the Raps can pick up a win on the road.