Let's Go Blue Jays !!!

Beans

Definitely something wrong with this group. Now all the stories start coming out about how dysfunctional they've been all year. People posting pictures of reporters with big 'x's on their faces saying "do not talk to these guys". I know they've been a solid team all year, but they've never really looked like a good team. And then EE and JB walk off the field last night with basically 0 acknowledgement that this may be their last home regular season (or ever if things continue) game in TO.

I know it's insane to take baseball this seriously, but I've been feeling seriously depressed all month and I have been blaming the Blue Jays. This sounds ridiculous but I don't even really care if they win. Probably because I'm so resigned to the idea that it's very unlikely at this point. They played like such an inspired group last year and then to watch them sleepwalk through the most important regular season games of the year has just completely put me off.

Oh for sure. Something definitely dysfunctional.

When Benoit got injured from the scuffle, he basically called out Donaldson and Bautista for reacting to close inside pitches, which resulted with Donaldson getting dinged or more like grazed.

I hope the group can pull together and finish strong or else they will end up alienating a huge fan base. They've build up a lot of passionate fans.

I don't know if I have a bottle big enough to get me through tonight's game. I just hope the Jay's bats show up early and often. In fact that may be the only road to victory. The O's BP is almost unbeatable. If everything goes right, the Jays win 8-4.

Any thoughts on the pitching match up? A lot being said about throwing the southpaw at the O's, and Liriano has been lights out in September. However, while he has the biggest upside, he also has the potential to unravel the most. Stroman doesn't walk many batters and is one of, if not the best ground ball pitchers in the game. I think they're defending against the big inning by using Stroman in place of Liriano. Liriano may also be more capable of coming out of the pen, if need be.

That being said I still would have gone with Liriano.

Tillman, on the O's side has a career ERA of 7.01 in the dome, although his numbers this year are way below his career average. That being said, I think a lot of people thought Jiminez was going to be the man for tonight, considering his recent play.

I don't know if I have a bottle big enough to get me through tonight's game. I just hope the Jay's bats show up early and often. In fact that may be the only road to victory. The O's BP is almost unbeatable. If everything goes right, the Jays win 8-4.

Any thoughts on the pitching match up? A lot being said about throwing the southpaw at the O's, and Liriano has been lights out in September. However, while he has the biggest upside, he also has the potential to unravel the most. Stroman doesn't walk many batters and is one of, if not the best ground ball pitchers in the game. I think they're defending against the big inning by using Stroman in place of Liriano. Liriano may also be more capable of coming out of the pen, if need be.

That being said I still would have gone with Liriano.

Tillman, on the O's side has a career ERA of 7.01 in the dome, although his numbers this year are way below his career average. That being said, I think a lot of people thought Jiminez was going to be the man for tonight, considering his recent play.

im guessing you feel sick to your stomach today like me...

the nerves ive got are just incredible...

lots of talk about taking lariano over stroman...the biggest reason is the O's batting average against lefties

I get it though, stroman threw the first playoff pitch in 20 years last year, and subsequently was lights out for the rest of the playoffs. He also keeps balls down rather than popped up.

To me this game is basically a coin toss that will 100% rely on the jays bats either being there or not. September stats say that we will see the jays score 2 runs and be done...while part of me hopes that the relief of not feeling like you are in a total meltdown collapse will allow the guys to swing a little more freely.

Plus, lets be honest here, pitchers have a really really hard time dancing around the edges of the strike zone when the pressure is on...what that means is that youve got a few more pitches that will reach the heart of the plate rather than staying exactly where our bats dont want the pitches to go.

I think thats really been the difference as of late, is that pitchers know exactly where to put the ball against our bats, and 140 games into a season your pitching feels pretty comfortable putting the ball where it needs to be. Come playoffs all bets are hopefully off, all i know is that the jays better score early or the game will be done by the 6th inning.

Personally my gut is telling me that the jays are going to get steamrolled 7-1...but i really hope that they prove me wrong. There really is few things that feel like watching the home side win a big game.

I just hope the Jays get their heads out of their behinds and start putting balls in play, using the middle of the field, and not trying to hit the right field foul pole. The only guys in this lineup that should be allowed to take those big violent hacks are Encarnacion and Bautista, assuming they're batting 3-4. Everyone else needs to play table setter. If the guys who aren't the real power hitters play to their capabilities, like Tulo has been lately, they will roll this one. I think the first couple innings will be telling for how this game will end.

I'm excited, and I think the Jays are the better team on paper - they just need to play like it.

I just hope the Jays get their heads out of their behinds and start putting balls in play, using the middle of the field, and not trying to hit the right field foul pole. The only guys in this lineup that should be allowed to take those big violent hacks are Encarnacion and Bautista, assuming they're batting 3-4. Everyone else needs to play table setter. If the guys who aren't the real power hitters play to their capabilities, like Tulo has been lately, they will roll this one. I think the first couple innings will be telling for how this game will end.

I'm excited, and I think the Jays are the better team on paper - they just need to play like it.

in a 4 or even 3 game series id take the jays over the O's for sure because the starting pitching is not even close...the problem is that the O's get to start their best against our best. Disadvantage jays...that to me leaves them almost equal, however the bullpen is a slight edge to the O's...ughhh i cant take it anymore!

in a 4 or even 3 game series id take the jays over the O's for sure because the starting pitching is not even close...the problem is that the O's get to start their best against our best. Disadvantage jays...that to me leaves them almost equal, however the bullpen is a slight edge to the O's...ughhh i cant take it anymore!

our best isn't starting though, hes the best available pitcher, i would have went with sanchez or happ if they were available

why is the game commentated by sickening US announcers, on Rogers, Jays at home? another channel?

MLB. That's why.

I had the distinct feeling like we were watching the other team's broadcast. They even kept showing a bar in Baltimore, but didn't do the same for a bar in Toronto. Even had freaking Cal Ripkin on the broadcast crew. No bias there...

No matter though. The good guys prevailed and now we have another classic Blue Jays memory to keep forever. Thank you Encarnacion!

Edited by netminder

our best isn't starting though, hes the best available pitcher, i would have went with sanchez or happ if they were available

i should have been more clear, our best available vs their best available.

Some would have argued Tillman should have got the start for the O's...........

also....wow im still recovering...lets just say im hurting at work today...but it hurts so good. I will remember last night for the rest of my life.