Plastic Repair Done I Hope FISH Hut Tub Clam Guide Pictures Up

Fish Farmer

I can think of a few ways.

If you can find a similar plastic material, you could epoxy it on. Maybe add a couple rivets for good measure.

Make sure you drill the ends of the cracks so they don't get any bigger..

I'm not 100% sure if it's thermoplastic or thermoset material. If it's thermoset, melting it with a soldering iron won't work. If it's thermoplastics you should be able to melt it back together, maybe with the addition of some filler material. But I would use a propane torch, not a soldering iron.

You'll know right away if it's thermoplastic, because the plastic will melt when you heat it and turn liquid.

YouTube it.

I'm sure your find something

Hey Dave - Cut a similar piece of plastic a little larger than the hole. Use rivets to hold it in place, then apply a quality silicone to seal the edges. If the plastic is different colors you can name it "Patches" LOL! I have installed a 1/4" thick piece of aluminum across the front of my plastic sled to save wear & tear such as ice chunks. I purchased it from a steel fab shop, who in turn bent in on a roller to fit the profile of my sled. Works great!

OK Thanks for your info guys.

I tried yesterday with my soldering gun, started with a lid off a Folgers coffee can, (black plastic) worked but slow, May try with my torch or soldering iron.

Let you know how I make out, may take a few pictures if it looks professional :D .

I have the same problem - a couple of holes in the bottom of my Clam Kenai. I believe the tub is made out of a polyethelyne. i saw a video on youtube where the guy repaired a large hole in his kayak using the plastic from a javex bottle, which is also made of polyetheylene. If you look at the bottom of plastic containers they should have the PE 2 symbol. I'm considering going this route on the smaller hole. if it works out ok, i'll try on the larger hole. try looking it up on youtube.

Hope this helps someone else.

I guess I could file roughness down but I think the ice and road will do the job. :D

I covered holes I drilled in the past for the runners I had bought that weren't any good, hut filled with water.

Was a slow job but it filled the holes and one big hole and crack.

DSCN1094%20800x600_zpsqc22yofq.jpg

DSCN1095%20800x600_zpsmv65cyes.jpg

DSCN1097%20800x600_zps61rwn6lr.jpg

Saw on one site you can use ties as welding rods

DSCN1099%20800x600_zpshzmgljwm.jpg

DSCN1096%20800x600_zpspevsvjxc.jpg

Edited by Fish Farmer

Hope this helps someone else.

I guess I could file roughness down but I think the ice and road will do the job. :D

I covered holes I drilled in the past for the runners I had bought that weren't any good, hut filled with water.

Was a slow job but it filled the holes and one big hole and crack.

DSCN1094%20800x600_zpsqc22yofq.jpg

DSCN1095%20800x600_zpsmv65cyes.jpg

DSCN1097%20800x600_zps61rwn6lr.jpg

Saw on one site you can use ties as welding rods

DSCN1099%20800x600_zpshzmgljwm.jpg

DSCN1096%20800x600_zpspevsvjxc.jpg

Now dats a newf.

Well done bye. :good:

• 3 weeks later...