Part time job. Big time career change for me!

NAW

I have a few Cabbie buddies here in town , during the winter months , they're making between 35 and 40$ and hour .. don't know about the companies down there but ..1/3 goes to the driver 1/3 the employer 1/3 goes to the machine.

If you like driving.

It's been about 45 years since I drove cabs in downtown Toronto in my spare time, but back then the taxi company got 50 % of your daily take & the driver got the other 50 % but he had to gas up the car out of his share.

I love these replies guys! I'm getting some great ideas.

I just applied for a hospital job that's part time.

And the guiding company from Colingwood called me to set up some training and orientation.

Plus a random company saw my resume online and contacted me for an interview today. What are the odds eh!

It was a great day!!

Edited by N.A.W

I love these replies guys! I'm getting some great ideas.

I just applied for a hospital job that's part time.

And the guiding company from Colingwood called me to set up some training and orientation.

Plus a random company saw my resume online and contacted me for an interview today. What are the odds eh!

It was a great day!!

Thats how it works, when it rains it pours lol.

Good for you!!!

I've got a buddy down here in Toronto that owns a sports marketing company. Often during the year he is looking for people to ask shops if they will take flyers for the various charities that hire the company.

It's easy work (few companies won't take free flyers when you say you are representing the Canadian cancer society), you get paid $1.50 per business you drop flyers off at (in a good day I was doing 100 in 6 hours) and best part is you make your own hours.

Let me know if you'd like his contact info.

Be aware of the random company that spotted your resume. There are certain companies that will bring you on board for some type of sales (products? life insurance? mutual fund sales etc)...the training costs you several hundred dollars, and most people never get their money back out of it. They are ALWAYS looking for new people because they make more money off their own trainees than they do from whatever it is they are selling!

You drove a fast car (speeding) 30 minutes or less) or very good pizza and good looks :)

The place I worked for had the best pizza I have ever had bar none.

I miss it big time. Might have to see if it's still there when I come to visit.

Pretty sure it's gone as the owners will be long retired now.

That big night we had only 2 drivers on staff (it was a Thursday) and for some reason the place was busier than a Saturday for orders. We were taking 1/2 dozen orders out for delivery @ a time. No time for breaks until close it was that busy.

The place I worked for had the best pizza I have ever had bar none.

I miss it big time. Might have to see if it's still there when I come to visit.

Pretty sure it's gone as the owners will be long retired now.

That big night we had only 2 drivers on staff (it was a Thursday) and for some reason the place was busier than a Saturday for orders. We were taking 1/2 dozen orders out for delivery @ a time. No time for breaks until close it was that busy.

Been there.

69 dodge was my ride then. The go to place for what ever italian pizza or dish you wanted. I did very well as well. When I got to deleiver to a few places,I knew the tip was going to be good. Polite,thank you and enjoy.

Edited by Brian B

Been there.

69 dodge was my ride then. The go to place for what ever italian pizza or dish you wanted. I did very well as well. When I got to deleiver to a few places,I knew the tip was going to be good. Polite,thank you and enjoy.

Just had a look see annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's gone!!! :(

Replaced with a Pizza Pizza. :angry:

Just had a look see annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's gone!!! :(

Replaced with a Pizza Pizza. :angry:

Where I worked Dave,it is still there. Even stopped in two years ago for a dinner. Same owner and wife. He was talking about selling. Just think, that was what 34 years ago. Started as a bus boy,waiter then a driver. It is still there.

Where I worked Dave,it is still there. Even stopped in two years ago for a dinner. Same owner and wife. He was talking about selling. Just think, that was what 34 years ago. Started as a bus boy,waiter then a driver. It is still there.

36 years ago for me.

It was a great little place to work and the food was awesome.

The place was called Papa Luigi's and was located in Sheridan Mall in Mississauga.

I remember cutting the fresh toppings by hand when we weren't out doing deliveries.

We also had to shred the cheese and fold boxes.

My buddy worked in the back making dough by the ton!!!

I had a lot of good times there and made some great friends too.

36 years ago for me.

It was a great little place to work and the food was awesome.

The place was called Papa Luigi's and was located in Sheridan Mall in Mississauga.

I remember cutting the fresh toppings by hand when we weren't out doing deliveries.

We also had to shred the cheese and fold boxes.

My buddy worked in the back making dough by the ton!!!

I had a lot of good times there and made some great friends too.

Did all the same.

Why I am so thankful for working there. Still make some of their great dishes at home. :clapping:

I really appreciate all your comments everyone!!

I've got some decent leads on part time jobs now, and I've got a few weeks still to get it all figured out.

Cliff, your right about taking the design side of things a little further. But at the moment, I don't want to take to much risk. I used to work with patents a few years ago, and the lawyer bills where consistent!

It will be fun to see if I get any income from it. I will be starting a website/fb page soon, and starting to push the service. So if anyone has a crazy ideas for fishing / outdoors gear. Let me know! I need to start somewhere....

Thanks again for the feedback!

Well if you are interested, I might just have a product for you. It's a cold smoke generator for smoking meat, fish, cheese (or anything else where you don't want heat involved) I have already built and tested a couple of units, they have evolved through several stages just in the last few months (but there is always room for improvement).

So far everyone that has tried them has been really pleased with how they have worked and I haven't been able to find anything quite like them anywhere else. I don't have time to take it to market (I'm too darn busy working and building these things LOL).

If you are interested give me a shout and we'll hook up.

Here's a thought.

Give me one of your prototypes to test out... :ninja: And in return will prepare all the engineering drawings for you for mass production.!! :clapping:

Plus any improvements you want to work in. It's much easier when you have a 3D model, to make little additions/improvements etc...

Something we can ponder anyways.

I'll be in Lindsay Dec 27th for a family Christmas.