Is touching boats too close?

That boat and those three guys look very familiar. Are those three guys Asian and did it rain while you were fishing. I had them get very close to me and when it started to rain, one of the Asian guys pulled out a big golf umbrella......never seen that from a angler before. I started to laugh out loud at them while they just stared at me.

That boat and those three guys look very familiar. Are those three guys Asian and did it rain while you were fishing. I had them get very close to me and when it started to rain, one of the Asian guys pulled out a big golf umbrella......never seen that from a angler before. I started to laugh out loud at them while they just stared at me.

This boat had 4 guys...the second boat had 3 2 in orange one in grey. It did rain that morn. What kinda boat you fishing in? maybe we passed?

Just curious but when you have the spot lock on , how big is the radius from the spot you marked?

I have had people when crappie fishing come pretty close, but that was in a small area on Rice Lake, not on a big body of water, just ridiculous.

the rule I like to use is if you are within casting distance you are too close, if you are in open water

Just curious but when you have the spot lock on , how big is the radius from the spot you marked?

If boat moves 5feet off spot it returns. 5 foot was all they needed to jump in lol

Still shaking my head only I seem to find it more humorous than i did that day :dunno:

So your saying only 2 boats on the lake and you guys ran into each other, or you were under power and they were adrift and you just ran into them? This is getting comical.

He was sitting on a spot using spot lock on his ipilot TM and when he caugt a fish the other boat came up and anchored so close that when his GPS moved him back on top of is spot 5' away they smashed into each other!!! ;)

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Holly, It's not too close, it's just beside. If that's me, for sure something will happen! back to 15 years ago. I was shore fishing with my friend in Cannel Lake under the big bridge, 12am midnight, we were facing the main lake and catching Walleye and Crappie, we heard a whole FAMILY(FATHER, MOTHER, LITTLE BIY AND LITTLE GIRL) was climbing down to the other side of the bridge, then after awhile, my friend suddenly asked me to watch my back, when I turn my head to my right, there was a rod just 2 feet beside my head and that guy said: "don't worry me, I see you". What the FXXX. Then I told my friend to leave and on my way home I told my friend, I will buy a boat. After that, I thought I will get away from this kind of thing. BUT NO! 2004, I fished in Rice, I found a nice drop off then throw out a marker. me and my buddy had lots of fun until a bot of five stop close to us and cast to our marker............ I asked them what are they doing with our marker........ the reply is " is that your marker?" 2008, Last trip on rice, Bewley shore fall fishing with Walleye, my buddy said he will like to try late fall fishing at Bewley, I went with my elder son, 3 of us arrive there before sunset, during sunset, people start catching. when I TURN and bend down to change lure, a guy was already stand behind me and fishing on my spot. when I stood up, I knew somebody was there. I wait until he finished a few cast, I asked him " You try my spot already, can I have it back?" His reply in a loud voice " I fish here all the time, there no such thing your spot or my spot!". I was putting down my rod.... then somebody asked the guy " Come Back ". The other morning, my wife said my son scare I will push that guy in to the lake.

I just don't really understand these people why they have to do this kind of things, respect the other is not hard why they don't think about it.

So your saying only 2 boats on the lake and you guys ran into each other, or you were under power and they were adrift and you just ran into them? This is getting comical.

No there were other boats they coulda chose to run into. :tease:

Gotta hold your ground, the best thing I found was to play fish right into their legs :) It seems to piss them off.

A few times I was on crappie like a stink on a monkey when these characters showed up and seen me reeling in one after another. They started to crowd me too much and then started to cast exactly where I was casting with their funny looking bobbers and minnows. Only thing I was using hand tied bucktail white jigs that I make myself and I wasn't fishing that far down in the water column. They had their the stupid bobbers set to about 6' down in 7-8' of water.....I think my jig without bait and without a bobber was getting down 3-4' at best while I slow retrieved it back to the boat.

I was HAMMERING them but because they were RUDE and not respectful I kept my big trap shut while the three of them occasionally caught a crappie all while I caught one on every cast.

I am always more then happy to share fishing knowledge with guys but when their butt holes I don't.

Gotta hold your ground, the best thing I found was to play fish right into their legs :) It seems to piss them off.

My favorite thing to do is to catch fish right behind them between the shore and them.

You know 'cause they always be wading out to their boobies because the fish are on the other side of the river.

No reason to allow yourself to be greased out!!!!

There are many good methods to rid yourself of wanna be invaders!!!

Just to name a couple try faking Tourets Syndrome or casting like an epileptic!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

There are many others but you will have to read my book "Combating Greasers, The Art of River Fishing" coming to a store near you just in time for Christmas!!! :whistling: