Who is going to pull the trigger?

Big Cliff

Of course it will happen here ..the first fight should be to kick our governments ass for allowing all these goofs over here for starters and then put the rest and the do gooding bleeding hearts on the same boat back to whatever part of the desert they come from

Edited by North East Shark

Many people are comfortable playing on a keyboard in the safety of their home in what currently is a controlled environment thx to the sacrifices of our fallen , I dare say many would not be on their computers, or texting or emailing or skyping if stuff happened in one of our towns,,,,you could fire up the computer but maybe nothing would happen, how many would trade the comfort of the keyboard to step outside and defend our liberties, I have been blessed to live 54 years in this great country, I can assure u I would not be behind a keyboard if our country was challenged again, where will u be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many people are comfortable playing on a keyboard in the safety of their home in what currently is a controlled environment thx to the sacrifices of our fallen , I dare say many would not be on their computers, or texting or emailing or skyping if stuff happened in one of our towns,,,,you could fire up the computer but maybe nothing would happen, how many would trade the comfort of the keyboard to step outside and defend our liberties, I have been blessed to live 54 years in this great country, I can assure u I would not be behind a keyboard if our country was challenged again, where will u be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought provoking however I'm 52 with no military training whatsoever. Having said that I'm pretty sure I would last less then 1 Minute in any kind of assault....unless I turtled and went and hid somewhere until all the serious crap subsided. Gotta hope it never comes to that. Because if it does us everyday people are going to be the 1st in body bags.

Thought provoking however I'm 52 with no military training whatsoever. Having said that I'm pretty sure I would last less then 1 Minute in any kind of assault....unless I turtled and went and hid somewhere until all the serious crap subsided. Gotta hope it never comes to that. Because if it does us everyday people are going to be the 1st in body bags.

That is very true.

And why I'm looking at expanding the membership in my gun cabinet. :whistling:

Could probably use a couple hundred thousand rounds of ammo too.

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a nice AR-15 and a dozen high capacity mags?

Should probably get a nice pair of 45's too. B)

That is very true.

And why I'm looking at expanding the membership in my gun cabinet. :whistling:

Could probably use a couple hundred thousand rounds of ammo too.

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a nice AR-15 and a dozen high capacity mags?

Should probably get a nice pair of 45's too. B)

We agree on something lol.

Im stocked

And all for gun rights

I think it is relevant in that this is 1.5 billion taxpayer dollars that they are spending, they originally said it would cost about 1/5 of that. $240,000.00 to settle a family of 4 (and that doesn't include all the medical, dental........ costs). Totally rediculious!

It would be different if we were flush with money and the Canadians that are already here were taken care of but that isn't the case. Our health care system is already being slashed (because we can't afford to pay Dr.s and nurses; medication costs......) We have seniors living below the poverty line (because there is no more money to give them).

It's fine to keep a promise, if you can afford it!

In the last 20 yrs Canadian tax payers have been able to afford to borrow/finance/spend 684 Billion on corporate Welfare and have not looked after our own citizens any better than we do now....

Maybe if we address that issue then we would have the money to look after the programs you say we aren't and have still enough left over so 1.2 billion on refugees wouldn't be so offensive.

In the last 20 yrs Canadian tax payers have been able to afford to borrow/finance/spend 684 Billion on corporate Welfare and have not looked after our own citizens any better than we do now....

Maybe if we address that issue then we would have the money to look after the programs you say we aren't and have still enough left over so 1.2 billion on refugees wouldn't be so offensive.

Damn straight! I am my brothers keeper but the last time I checked charity still began at home.

Damn straight! I am my brothers keeper but the last time I checked charity still began at home.

Welfare to corporations over the last 20 yrs is about the worst form of charity we give away... It used to be that companies would re-invest here giving back the "gift" by creating good paying sustainable jobs for our citizens. At a time when they paid a much higher rate of tax.

Since dysfunctional trickle down economics were invented corporations take the gifts, pay less tax as a percentage of profits. Hire many less people full time with benefits at living wages. All while EVERY indicator of productivity is up by workers here in Canada....

Then to add insult injury a lot of corps take the gift and then offshore more jobs anyway as they hide profits in off shore tax havens....

Stop the bleeding there and there would be plenty of money to look after the needy here AND bring in immigrants/refugees to bolster economic growth that are needed because we are not breeding enough...

The old system worked pretty damn well in this country for over a century, until we decided to jump into the fallacy of the equalization of wealth to the rest of the world that is called globalization.

All it has done is it has allowed 85 single individuals to own more than half the world's wealth. Pretty good deal for the 85 NO wonder they won't let it be stopped....

Edited by Canuck2fan

My daughter and I went to a friend's house today and we baked more than 200 cookies for a boys youth group in Peterborough and will be driving up there with cookies among other goodies sometime next week. Oh that doesnt include the more than seventeen thousand in taxes I have paid this year to date with more than a month yet to go which should go to the charity at home ?

But then again you probably already knew that.

I heard Canada will now only take in Syrian refugees who are women, children or families. not single men.

Sounds like somebody is getting a little nervous about their promise.

I was under the impression that women widowed or not with children, then men with families were always going to be given priority... I doubt the original goal was to just take in 25000 18 to 40 yr old men of fighting age exclusively like the neocons have been spouting.

If Trudeau wasn't nervous about keeping his promise he would stupid....

The logistics of doing something so huge so quickly, the hate on all sides of the issue, and finally the terrorist attacks last week. Would make any sane person be concerned and trying to do everything possible to have a safe outcome.

The sign of real leadership is following through even when faced with potential dangers and tough obstacles. Something we haven't had in a leader in quite a while at any level in this country.

Edited by Canuck2fan