Who is going to pull the trigger?

Big Cliff

Also, according to the CBC last night, Canada typically accepts 500 refugees per day, entrance into this country. In order to meet the deadline imposed by the Lieberal government, we will be accepting 1400 per day, until the end of the year.

Look for a Shawarma house in Rainey River! LOL

MB2, you guys need more cab drivers?! LMAO

HH

Cab drivers? We dont even have can services lol. There is like 10 streets lol

Id welcome a shawarma anyday!!!

The stuff just hit the fan for real!

Turkey (a NATO member let me remind you) just shot down a Russian fighter.

Looks like the boys Matt get their war after all.

This is bad, bad news.

Russia does one thing very well and thats war.

Where did you see this dutch?

Nevermind found it.

Not good people. Its been 50 years since a ally shot down a russian warplane.

Edited by manitoubass2

Who does CBC math...there are 37 days left for 25,000 refugees so thats only 675/day..piece of cake We land 3 -747's per day at pearson and we got it covered

Big hugs all around

You are forgetting about the 500 per day we already invite into our country, so the math is pretty accurate.

HH

Thought i would check out war death tolls through history.

Seems Christian Wars (World War 1 and 2) and Chinese civil wars top the totals.

80 million - 50 million there. Not many involving Muslims. Iran vs. Iraq is way down list at about a million.

All this Islamphobia is something new in history with relatively fewer deaths.

I don't live in fear. That gives terrorists the only advantage in this social media war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_by_death_toll

I don't live in fear either, but I do have a great deal of concern for my children's future. Just look at what is happening in Europe, specifically France, Great Britain,Germany, Belgium etc....

Social and economic issues have created slums that leave their inhabitants with no future. The shear number of people and their lack of opportunity has moved their issues from their home country, into Europe. They are a few decades ahead of us regarding the number of people migrating to the west.

Can we learn anything from their mistakes? What makes us here in Canada think that we will do a better job of integrating these people into our culture. Are we really smarter than the Europeans?

HH

Fair enough point, however I've seen direct quotes from RCMP and CSIS directors saying they can do it quite readily.

That's IF you take them at their word!

It takes the RCMP canadian firearms centre 6 to 8 weeks to process a PAL application including a background check on a canadian citizen. I guarantee they aren't doing 900 of them a week much less a day. You can't take them at their word. That word has come from above, and your being told it to ease your mind. Edited by porkpie

All this living in fear business is pure nonsense. Those of us with concerns have legitimate ones. If you want to tuck your head between your knees and repeat over and over that everything is going to be ok, feel free to do so. Those of us who wish to act prudently, protect our interests at home, and be aware that there are some very credible threats to our society and way of life will continue to do so, and not worry what you think about it. It doesn't mean that everyone with a concern wants to close the border, but we know darn well that bringing in people left and right while our govt tells us it's all just fine is pure ignorance. But, as they say ignorance is bliss.

It takes the RCMP canadian firearms centre 6 to 8 weeks to process a PAL application including a background check on a canadian citizen. I guarantee they aren't doing 900 of them a week much less a day. You can't take them at their word. That word has come from above, and your being told it to ease your mind.

The file might sit in the department for six weeks, but I guarantee you it doesn't take that long. Most of the time it's sitting on a desk somewhere being ignored. These bureaucrats have to drag each one out or it will look like they are "too efficient" and they'll end up with a staff or budget cut.

The file might sit in the department for six weeks, but I guarantee you it doesn't take that long. Most of the time it's sitting on a desk somewhere being ignored. These bureaucrats have to drag each one out or it will look like they are "too efficient" and they'll end up with a staff or budget cut.

So you're saying it really could be done in 5 minutes?...and that now that PM Trudeau has ordered it, it will be done

I wish Harper could have gotten stuff done like that

So you're saying it really could be done in 5 minutes?...and that now that PM Trudeau has ordered it, it will be done

I wish Harper could have gotten stuff done like that

I did not specify a time, I only point out that it does not take 1,008 hours (6 weeks) to do a single background check.

And Harper got lots of things done, it's just that not many of those things were good for Canadians.

Edited by Dutch01

A police backround check takes 2 days tops

It typically does if the person who's background is being checked is a native born Canadian citizen. When international checks get involved, it requires the attention of Interpol and that can get very dicey when you are checking the background of an individual who is coming from a country at war or does not have a computerized system.

We are talking weeks here...

HH

It typically does if the person who's background is being checked is a native born Canadian citizen. When international checks get involved, it requires the attention of Interpol and that can get very dicey when you are checking the background of an individual who is coming from a country at war or does not have a computerized system.

We are talking weeks here...

HH

Im a US citizen and they are at war lol

Point taken though

They where good for me. Maybe not so much for you. But this conversation isn't about that, and frankly that is all matter of opinion and political views anyway. This is a discussion of security. If you believe proper background checks will be done on 900 refugees a day from a war torn country, many without paperwork then please PM me, I have some excellent swampland available in Florida and it shouldn't cost much to drain it.

They where good for me. Maybe not so much for you. But this conversation isn't about that, and frankly that is all matter of opinion and political views anyway. This is a discussion of security. If you believe proper background checks will be done on 900 refugees a day from a war torn country, many without paperwork then please PM me, I have some excellent swampland available in Florida and it shouldn't cost much to drain it.

Erased my response because the powers that be have heard you Porkpie and totally backed off their numbers to a safer time table...

10,000 by end of year the balance by the end of February...

Edited by Canuck2fan