Who is going to pull the trigger?

Big Cliff

Is WW3 on the horizon and in our very near future?

My morning routine involves doing the “necessary” things, getting my coffee, checking in here to see if I can contribute anything use full then reading the news.

For the past little while I have noticed a trend and it scares the heck out of me. It seems that almost every day the US is challenging someone and these some ones are starting to challenge right back. Iran, China, Russia, North Korea, ISIS just to name a few. The incidents seem to be escalating very rapidly lately.

Several are now issuing their own challenges almost daring the US to do something to try to stop them doing whatever they want. The threats seem to be getting bolder almost as if to say “I dare you!” It seems that a real fight is brewing and Canada is going to get dragged into it whether we want to or not.

So far it has all been posturing; “if you do that again then we will have to react (retaliate)”! So far thank god no one has but I fear that at some point in the not too distant future someone is going to just to save face and war will be inevitable.

Perhaps I am reading it all wrong but I have been in a lot of bar fights in my younger years. I survived by not waiting for the other guy to “give me his best shot” and then fighting back. If I knew I was going to be in a fight I fought! The worst thing you could say to me was “lets step outside” because I would drop you right there!

What I see happening now is so similar to those bar fights; oh I’m big and tough and you better not get in my way or else!” Then some little guy like me figures what the heck and hits you! I might be wrong but I do believe that if China or North Korea wanted to hit us (Canada and the US) there wouldn’t be much left but the cleanup.

I’m not worried about me, I’m old and already figured out I won’t be around forever but I am worried about my kids and my grandkids. I guess there isn’t much I can do about it either way but I sure wish I could!

It's eneviatable ...the US economy is crashing hard..the interest they owe China they couldn't make a dent in ...North Korea could wipe us off the map due to the moronic Obama administration ,and China would just take us for the resources,,is it getting scary out there ...hell ya

Edited by North East Shark

Its definitetly crazy to follow, there are tensions all over the place.

All I know is I dont want to be involved and I think Canada should not be inbolved militarily unless absolutely necessary to protect our shores

....totally agree ..if we all minded our business it would be a better place ,let those fight there own wars

If you ask the GOP, Obama has shown considerable weakness in various international situations.

Syria. Iran. North Korea. Russia.

He has tried diplomacy much more than his Republican counterparts.

Some of these troublesome states need to see force for them to behave.

They will exploit weakness.

I'm most worried about Putin. He is a snake.

Most of his vocal opposition had been eliminated.

He wants to re establish the former glory of the of old Soviet Union.

Good thing he's broke. Oil prices are killing him.

Iran has openly declared that it is their goal to eliminate Israel and the US.

They are on the verge of a nuclear weapon.

I don't trust the new treaty they signed.

So... Why anybody would want to be president of the USA is beyond me.

He is briefed every morning on the state of the world's affairs.

And it sucks.

If you ask me, we should all mind our own business and take care of our issues in our own country before worrying about the rest of the world. We have plenty of people living on the streets here in Canada, why bring a bunch of refugees over here?

Look after our own problems and when all has been fixed on the home front, then and only then worry about the rest of the planet!!

If you ask me, we should all mind our own business and take care of our issues in our own country before worrying about the rest of the world. We have plenty of people living on the streets here in Canada, why bring a bunch of refugees over here?

Look after our own problems and when all has been fixed on the home front, then and only then worry about the rest of the planet!!

Yip

Never ever happen however being part of NATO and the UN

..Amen...will you lead the revoulution

Here we go again. I'm going down to the creek to get some minnows for tomorrow and Thursday. When I get back, let me know if you've managed to calm all the world leaders down.

Can I join you?

I'd love to sit on the river, burn a few and do some fishing.

:)

While there may be some fights we maybe shouldn't be involved in, if we don't stand up for others who are suffering, then what does that say about us a country or a people ? Should we have stayed out of WW1 and 2 ? Any decent human being can't stand idly by as others are subject to genocide or systemic brutality. The day Canada refuses to offer aid, military or otherwise, is the day we cease to be the country I know and love and would die for.

Edited by woodenboater

If you ask the GOP.....

I stopped reading there. The GOP are the biggest collection of half-wits the world has ever seen.

Unlike Obama, they actually WANT war. They work for the machine and the machine wants to sell weapons. They're also mostly fundamentalist Christians and they believe these are end times. They're going to heaven so what do they have to lose?

If they get in, they'll start it. Mark my words.

Edited by Dutch01

HA! North Korea? You're kidding, right? They can't even feed their own people, how do you expect them to fight a war? If push came to shove I'm pretty sure China would be more than happy to force them into oblivion. If there's any I'm remotely nervous about it's Russia.

I stopped reading there. The GOP are the biggest collection of half-wits the world has ever seen.

Unlike Obama, they actually WANT war. They work for the machine and the machine wants to sell weapons. They're also mostly fundamentalist Christians and they believe these are end times. They're going to heaven so what do they have to lose?

If they get in, they'll start it. Mark my words.

Obama has actually pushed the US into more wars than he's gotten out of. More so than even Bush Jr.

While there may be some fights we maybe shouldn't be involved in, if we don't stand up for others who are suffering, then what does that say about us a country or a people ? Should we have stayed out of WW1 and 2 ? Any decent human being can't stand idly by as others are subject to genocide or systematic brutality. The day Canada refuses to offer aid, military or otherwise, is the day we ease to be the country I know and love and would die for.

We need to get out of Syria. There are five million soldiers on the ground over there (Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the rest of our "allies "). If ISIS is so bad (and believe me, I think they are the worst), how about we let their neighbors clean up the Arab street? Why are we fighting across the ocean and they won't fight next door?