Who is going to pull the trigger?

Big Cliff

Violence begets violence

And we all sit back and condone it

Well if that were true why did WWII happen?

I don't think the Polish, French, English................... started things do you? ;)

This is not much different, one group of people trying to impose their will on the rest of the world.

WWII it was the NAZI's, and this time it's ISIS.

Same goals, different crowd!!!! <_<

Well if that were true why did WWII happen?

I don't think the Polish, French, English................... started things do you? ;)

This is not much different, one group of people trying to impose their will on the rest of the world.

WWII it was the NAZI's, and this time it's ISIS.

Same goals, different crowd!!!! <_<

Im not gonna try and convince you.

This isnt people.

ITS GOVERNMENTS

This is uncle Sam's war and he planned this war long ago. We will be better off as bystanders if don't want to bring this war at home. On a second thought, is USA using Paris tragedy to recover the grounds lost to Russians in recent months?

Here is some food for thought from no other than the General Wesley Clark.

Edited by Dusky

Here's a little article on how these ISIS mooks think.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

That article although rather long, sure does shed some light on the ways of these people. It doesn't change my mind on how to deal with them in the future, but I think I understand where they are coming from and where they would want the world to go....

HH

Not a single F18 has been lost in the war against ISIS so far. Now Trudeau is going to pull our fighter jets out and send our ground troups in. ????????

He's sending in trainers because unless we teach people how to stand up for themselves, we will always have to stand up for them. Seems like common sense to me......

He's sending in trainers because unless we teach people how to stand up for themselves, we will always have to stand up for them. Seems like common sense to me......

How much do you want to bet that those "trainers" are going to end up being targets! ISIS don't have the necessary equipment to stop the jets but in a ground fight they don't play by the rules.

Lets defend the world

Spread the word.

Canada is coming for ya!!!!

And after that we will crab about our taxes, freedoms, cost of oil etc

Unreal

Here ya go. http://news.nationalpost.com/news/toronto-born-man-who-vowed-to-destroy-canada-in-isil-video-added-to-interpol-wanted-list

Now let's all bury our heads in the sand and maybe it will all go away.

Edited by muddler

How much do you want to bet that those "trainers" are going to end up being targets! ISIS don't have the necessary equipment to stop the jets but in a ground fight they don't play by the rules.

Rules in a fight? Did you not start this thread by saying, if someone ever said to you, do you want to step outside, you dropped them right then and there? LOL

The only reason any rules exist in warfare is because you don't want our wounded killed or prisoners killed. ISIS is NOT following those rules so do we lower ourselves to that level? The trouble is, if the rest of the world follows suit where does it end? More importantly how does that type of warfare damage our soldiers mentally. It also then gives ISIS every justification to carry on as they have been (which they probably will regardless) is our sense of fair war a waste of time with them? Next war are all the rules off the table for it too?

It does seem like some of the Kurdish forces have decided that taking ISIS or ISIL prisoners is a waste of time because they would rather be dead so why not grant them their wish.

As for the "trainers" being targets they most definitely will be and will probably still accept the mission. The fact is the people from the countries involved HAVE to stand up for themselves at some point... If they don't want to be the constant victims of these type of thugs...

EVERY time we go in and save them from one diabolical dicktator we create a backlash that puts even MORE an more evil group of thugs in charge within a year or two... Name one instance in history in which the west has fought a war and given a lasting democratic peace in the Middle East? The best we have done is put up puppet Dicktators who through murder and terror hold power for a bit, until they too turn on the west.

Again I ask if anyone can name a war that was won with just air power.... Anyone? Anyone?

Edited by Canuck2fan

Rules in a fight? Did you not start this thread by saying, if someone ever said to you, do you want to step outside, you dropped them right then and there? LOL

Exactly, I was 5' 9" and weighed about 145 lbs. I didn't loose many fights because I didn't play by the other guys rules.

That is my point, you don't have to be big to beat a big guy in a fight, North Vietnam didn't have any fancy planes or equipment. ISIS has a lot more technology, they are ruthless, and they are now showing that they can bring the war to any country in the world.

Would you guys have nuked Ireland in the 70s and 80s?

I see you have asked this question twice now. Im not being a smart as s here, but what do the irish have to do with this? What did they do?

I can only remember something about them blowing up their own land/people. Im not fully educated on this.

Thanks Cram.