Yamaha Bravo 250

limeyangler

Hi all,

Picked this up for a few hundred. Starts first pull, very tidy sled. Perfect for the wife this year and for Jack to graduate from his 120cc next year.

I think I might be using this little gem too, as it fits into the bed of my GMC Canyon….I can throw it in and out by myself without a snowbank!

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656_1.jpg

IMG_0660_1.jpg

Nice ride!!

I build a box for mine. Then just keep adding, and adding to it. So where it mounted to sled eventually failed.

So at the end of last season, I brought it all back to stock, and will just tow my utility sled with it this winter.

They are tough as nails! But don't handle slush worth a darn.... I considered trying to upgrade my to a long track.

That ones in great shape.!

Thanks guys, really want snow now, can't wait for family outings on the sleds to the ice shack. It was actually $800….but in mint condition, the windshield even had the blue plastic on still, brand new! The insides look good and there are a few cracks on the hood and a few on the track.

Looks mint!!!!

I wish my little Skidoo Citation looked that good.

Hopefully it will after restoration. ;)

Wish I had your skills Dave, I'm sure your restoration will be great, I'm not thinking I want to do anything with this….if it was a house it would be a 'turnkey'.

Great little sleds ! Tough as nails .
I'm actually looking for the Teansporter model.

This is a Transporter model.

What a amazing find for a few hundred ,,great deal on a great snowmobile

Like I said, gave the wrong impression by saying a few hundred, was actually $800, still a great deal up here, especially on a 250 as they are very popular for kids, and there are lots of kids and lots of snow up here….lol( a few big kids too :whistling: )

Great score Simon, great little sleds, that's a 93 if I'm not mistaken. You could sell that easy in the GTA for $1400.

That is the Transporter model Randy.

Its an '87 apparently. Still waiting for my friends uncle to dig out the ownership papers. Is there a way you can tell its a '93?

Nice ride!!

I build a box for mine. Then just keep adding, and adding to it. So where it mounted to sled eventually failed.

So at the end of last season, I brought it all back to stock, and will just tow my utility sled with it this winter.

They are tough as nails! But don't handle slush worth a darn.... I considered trying to upgrade my to a long track.

That ones in great shape.!

I think I remember seeing pictures of your sled in the slush last year Nick…it was either yours or Rod Casters, did not look like fun. The good thing is they are very light, never fun or easy to get out of slush, but better with a light sled I would think….n'est pas?

Bulletproof! NAW's got the same machine...ask him how it does in slush LOL!

Jack will make some lifelong memories on that machine!

Its going to be interesting what happens this year with Jack and his sleds, he has a 120 Mini Z, but it just felt sluggish even last year, but that could just be me, but by mid winter Jack was trying to jump snow banks on it…..w'ell see how he likes the bigger sled this year. Hope it does last a long time, well if it is an '87 it already has by today's standards.

What a great sweet find Simon. Jealous here, as Im looking for something of the same. Or a good deal ATV.

I was really lucky to get it, it actually belonged to my co-worker but I saw it on the local Facebook classified page, I literally saw the add 2 minutes after she reduced the price, called and knocked her down $100 more (friends and co-worker discount)…went and got it the next day. Her uncle who owned it before was a yamaha mechanic apparently, he replaced a bunch of stuff and was completely rebuilt a couple years back, windshield was brand new, looks really tidy inside too.

I miss my Bravo!

I don't miss my XLT!

Wow that's in amazing shape. My brothers is in tatters by comparison

Chad I think I saw a picture of your brother's last year, rough around the edges but still going…that's what counts, and your posts and peoples reviews of your sled helped me decide to grab this one despite its age :good:. Yamaha motors seem to last a long time, my outboard is also an '87….I put it through hell every year, is getting a bit rough but I change the plugs, fog the engine and thats about all the maintenance it gets each year apart from bottom end oil.

Score! Great little sled. I used one just like it on a trip last year and it would go anywhere! Even thru deep slush/snow....I got stuck in slush once, only because I was trying to see if I could get stuck. I did.... lol

Good score though. The one I was riding was in much worse shape.....

S.

Score! Great little sled. I used one just like it on a trip last year and it would go anywhere! Even thru deep slush/snow....I got stuck in slush once, only because I was trying to see if I could get stuck. I did.... lol

Good score though. The one I was riding was in much worse shape.....

S.

LOLOL…was trying to get my other sled stuck the other year…thank god I have not managed that yet…at 750lbs dry weight would need a helicopter to get it out…probably a Chinook!

LOLOL…was trying to get my other sled stuck the other year…thank god I have not managed that yet…at 750lbs dry weight would need a helicopter to get it out…probably a Chinook!

HAHAHA!!! That's like my Yamaha. 700#'s dry!!!

Been in deep slush a couple of times. It's nice to have 120 HP because you can instantly get on top of that stuff. :good::good:

that sled is cleaner than my 05 MXZ.

No joke.

Used to have a couple bravos myself back in the day. cant beat the light weight. my dad has a story about about my brothers going through a thin ice layer on top of 3 feet of slush back in manitoba. He was able to haul the sled out by himself.

The only time I have been stuck in slush was when trailing a sleigh. As long as you get a good run, and keep her to the bar, you should be OK. But that being said.. It's pretty rare for me to be out with out sleigh in tow..

I have changed my rig around to tow the lightest sleigh i can possibly tow, so hopefully this season is better than last!! god, Nippising killed me last year..

image.jpg4_zpsnuetibpv.jpg

image.jpg9_zps2ikiyqhb.jpg

Maybe some one will post a pic of me up to my knee's in slush!! Chad???