Time Change Is Coming-- nf

npt1

Hi All,

Fall is upon us and the time change is approaching us, the thing that bothers me

the most is my sleep pattern gets messed up.

How does it effect you and how do you cope with the changes??

If your job is on a schedule shift pattern, does that have change your hours of awareness?

A discussion concerning this every year and if it's necessary. From what I remember we set the clock back so that little kids won't be walking to school in the dark back when kids were allowed to walk. It costs us money as more hydro across this land is used because of it getting darker earlier on the earth clock. I don't see any real reason to set the clock back in modern society.

Ah the spring forward ,fall back time.

Was thinking of this post as I sat in darkness on the river bank waiting for enough light to see my float. I am an early bird when it comes to getting to my spots. I like to be the first one there, get the spot. I sat for an hour this morning gazing at the bright stars above enjoying my morning coffee. This time of the year makes me think maybe sleep in a bit, but thats not going to happen. During the summer months, I can be fishing at 5 am when the light has started and watch great sunrises. If getting to my spot early and means I need to sit and wait and gaze upon the stars, Im good with that. I dont let it effect me in the least.

Come the ice fishing season, I like to get out and get set up before light.( when I know it,s safe out there) Again, sitting there in a warm hut having a coffee thinking of what the day will bring.

Then the spring forward comes. It all starts over again.

I'm usually up at 4AM too. Because I haven't gone to bed yet. Night is the best part of the day. Phones don't ring, no traffic and no idle chat with neighbours walking their dogs. Night shift was my favorite shift. I didn't have my boss(s) calling on the radio every 3 minutes and generally the crew was too tired to bust my balls. Nights are nice and quiet.

I'm usually up at 4AM too. Because I haven't gone to bed yet. Night is the best part of the day. Phones don't ring, no traffic and no idle chat with neighbours walking their dogs. Night shift was my favorite shift. I didn't have my boss(s) calling on the radio every 3 minutes and generally the crew was too tired to bust my balls. Nights are nice and quiet.

I don't mind the quiet night either.. just push and charge the ovens according to the schedule with no interuptions.. Either way it's dark when I go to work and when I go home..