Why does this site hate Internet Explorer???

akaShag

Still the most used browser on the internet, works everywhere else.

Actually it isn't and it has issues on other sites as well Wayne. The code for IE is restricted and many sites/providers are moving away from it to the open codes that are available on chrome and firefox. If we want to tear down the site again we could get a provider that is more IE friendly however not all of our important information would cross over and could make it necessary to wipe all of the accounts as well as losing the money invested in the past. Kind of a no brainer as to whether it is worth making IE more friendly to this site.

Art

OK so I am willing to join the 21st century. Now what do I choose amongst all those recommended. I tried downloading Chrome months ago and I couldn't do it properly for some reason and was told by an I.T. expert that owns her own tech support operation that administrates more than a few Gov. agencies not to use it. She told me why but don't recall right now.

So what do I use?

You can use firefox if chrome is not to your liking. Chrome is what I use and have no issues. I also used firefox which has less demand on your resources. Chrome has more bells and whistles when it is used on different sites. Chrome does allow more information to be collected anonymously by websites and google but to be fair you give out way more info on the web by yourself than your browser does.

Art

both are chrome and firefox are similar in the way they work, ie tabbed browsing. which is so so so much nicer than having 4 windows of IE open at once. both browsers will save your most visited sites for easy navigation when you open a new tab, click the new+ sign on firefox, or the blank tab on chrome, adding pages to your bookmarks collection is so simple, click the star on chrome in the name bar, box will pop up, you can rename the page to what you want, click ok.

for me, i love chrome, its fast, easy to use, and has everything i want, the g/f loves firefox, cause she can customize the top menu bar and make it look pretty.

IE is so far behind in what a web browser should be, and that simple, fast and user friendly

another point to chrome, since its made by google, type in a search word in the address bar, and it take you to google and bring the results for you, firefox takes you to yahoo by default

Edited by FloatnFly

another point to chrome, since its made by google, type in a search word in the address bar, and it take you to google and bring the results for you, firefox takes you to yahoo by default

Firefox takes me to Google by default.