My turn fishing!!!

ccmtcanada

As you may know, bly and I have been taking turns fishing at night since our oldest is away at camp right now. Instead of staying in the house all night on this beautiful night, we asked our 5 year old if she wanted to come and see where we fish after she's in bed. She jumped up and down and wanted to fish too!

We packed snacks and all her little fishing gear and headed off to our spot at around 7:45pm. This was a real treat for her since her bedtime is 8pm. She doesn't have school tomorrow, so this was a perfect opportunity for her. We even brought the portable DVD player so she could watch movies if she got bored. Bly didn't end up fishing...she tended to our little one all night long.

The end score was...my daughter 4 fish...and me 1 fish....so in her eyes she won...LOL.

Here's what she was catching...little bait fish...she had a blast though.

gallery_60_23_98242.jpg

The bite for carp was pretty sporadic. A line bump here and a line bump there, but no takers. Finally at 9:30pm, I looked over at Bly and said "I think I may be skunked tonight"....then about 30 seconds later, I had one on. Sydney was already in the car watching a movie but wanted out to see the "big fishy" as she calls it. With Bly at the net, Sydney was wide eyed as she saw how big it really was!! It was a nice 30" and 16 pounds 6 ounces.

gallery_60_23_75028.jpg

We left there at around 10pm...with Sydney all happy that she was still outside when it was dark!! All in all, it was a great evening out.

Bedtime . . . . 8:00 P. M., huh? What's the big deal . . .. I often stay up that late too . . . IF I've had my afternoon nap! You seem to catch under ANY conditions . . . daylight or dark . . . ALWAYS get SOMETHING! The nice thing about travelling light, doesn't take long to set up! With a bucket of groundbait, a bucket of maize, carp pod, 2 rods, lawn chair, fishing vest, tackle box fulla various bits & pieces of carp junk, water bucket, sling shot . . . wel l l l . . . . you get the idea . . . . you need a couple porters to carry the stuff! By the time I get all my garbage carried in, you're into your 4th fish! With yet another cold front moving through, even with the low barometer, it MIGHT give the Ganny carp lockjaw . . . I think that's where I'll hit in the morning . . . just south of the footbridge, west side parking lot! Can I hire you as a guide?

Well,it's a good thing she was catching those baitfish, she'd be waterskiing if she got one of those carps on her line. LOL

Love to see people who still have rules for there kids, my kids always had a bedtime also. The kids are happy and appreciate when they get to stay up late. Not only are you a great fisherman, your great parents also.

Thanks everyone for your replies...I love seeing my daughter's face light up when she brings in a fish. She tried her best to sabotage me...by singing. When she sings to her line it's something like "I promise it's not a hook...it's yummy yummy food...go ahead and take a bite". Then she looks at my line and sings "Stay away fish, it's a hook...it's a trick...swim away". Then she smiles and laughs hysterically.

Victor - Sure we get skunked....well there was a few days ago...no wait...we caught one...oh yeah...last Thursday...no wait...we got one then too.....guess you're right!! LOL. Seriously though, we get our fair share of skunks.

Deano - Waterskiing...that's hilarious! I kept thinking to myself...I hope a carp doesn't take her bait....haha.