Walleye crankbait

Hansuld71

Smaller lakes I like trolling small harnesses. I usually do well. Crank baits I love hot n tots - any color. Last year I started using Live Target smelt jointed 4 1/2" silver with a hint of blue. Landed some nice eyes on Erie. I'm wanting to try the live target on Pidgeon.

I don't believe that they make power dive's any more... great Quinte fall lure.

Op, I like different cranks depending mostly on time of year/water temps.

Warm water above 60F, a tight wobbling crank like the above mentioned Power Dives or a Shad R etc...

Cold water, below 60f down to freeze, a wider wobbling bait like a Mann's Stretch 20 or 30 tail dancer etc...

HH

I don't believe that they make power dive's any more... great Quinte fall lure.

Op, I like different cranks depending mostly on time of year/water temps.

Warm water above 60F, a tight wobbling crank like the above mentioned Power Dives or a Shad R etc...

Cold water, below 60f down to freeze, a wider wobbling bait like a Mann's Stretch 20 or 30 tail dancer etc...

HH

You are correct they are discontinued, but a great lure here on erie

That's an incredible variety. I'm heading out to Rice lake this weekend and luckily for me I have most of what has been mentioned already. What about any favourites for Rice this time of year? And what about methods, does one method out perform another?

On Rice.....

Best crank bar none = Rapala shad rap SR05 in HOT STEEL. Slow retrieve, I mean very slow retrieve. But instead of running crank baits, try using a basic black bucktail jig. Get 10 -15 ft into the edge of a weed line, any weed line don't matter the depth and just let it fall to the bottom and rip it back up.

It never gets old. Canadian Wiggler. I like the "updated" one with the hammered silver pattern and rattles inside. Great for walleye and pike and even muskie :)

I like the jointed ones on Erie, they can handle a good speed unlike other Flatfish and Kwikfish lures. Big plus is that they last and last unlike some of the the baits mentioned.