cell phone plans

huzzsaba

So after being with Bell for over 7 years, its time for a change. I have given away too much money to them over the years and that was mainly due to the need for good coverage.

I mainly stay within the city limits now and looking for something that is cheap and works! I like the plans that Wind Mobile has so please advise.

I am interested in hearing the goods and bads of your cell phone providers to help me make a choice. I think this will help out others shopping for cell phone plans.

I am looking for something in the range of $40-$50 + tax with talk text and data. Data is rarely used but is good for times when there is no wifi.

Thanks

Edited by huzzsaba

Did you try customer loyalty through Bell?.I did with another.Been with them since 1997. $50,unlimited text,US and Can .Unlimited US and Canada anytime phone.2gb's of data.Also a mini 3 inbox,plus all the call waiting,call display,etc. Sometimes you don't have to leave? :) .Now if only Verizon could get in here,thinking another $20 drop?.Hopefully one day!

Edited by davey buoy

I've never had wind but have heard it is total crap, also if you are gonna be buying a new high end phone through them, you will pay nearly base price for it, due to cheap plans. Out of all the carriers I have been with (many) I have had the best service with bell, no problems with service or payments and you get what you pay for. I am now with Rogers because I wanted a high end phone for cheap on contract and pay 90 bucks a month for unlimited Canada, 500 min U.S. and unlimited text, picture/video message Canada/U.S. and 8 gb's of data, as well as call display, voicemail and all the other crap I don't really use lol. If you don't need amazing coverage or constant coverage in the U.S like I do, I would suggest telus, fido is also OK for local.

Edited by BowSlayer101

Huzzsaba, off topic here but it's about you and I must ask. You started a great thread about country/cottage living and got many replies. So what if anything have you decided,? Don't be one of those guys that start a good discussion with a good question and then keep us hanging man. So what's up?

I dropped Rogers to go with Virgin. 2 years ago. They run off bell infrastructure, are owned by bell, but I get none of the bell or Rogers Bull. My bill has never been incorrect, they've never tried to bump my price plan, and I've never been gouged for something. I had been with Rogers for 15 plus years previously and had to call and complain about something almost every month. Worth a look anyway.

Former Rogers customer for 14 years, until I couldn't stand their lack of coverage. If you're in the DT core, you're good. Since we're all avid anglers, travelling around can test the cell coverage from the provider and I definitely noticed Rogers was the worst. Despite what the network coverage map says on Rogers website, it's certainly not accurate.

So, when my contract was coming to an end, I went with Telus and couldn't be happier. Much better network coverage and more consistent with my connection.

Price wise was about the same, but I'd only receive 70% of Rogers' cell service.

Avoid Rogers like the plague! The worst customer service...... 6 months left......

My advice. Anything to do with Rogers network is Garbage

I don't think there's a good option when it comes to cell plans in Canada. I think we are ranked as one of the most expensive countries for cell contracts. It's a joke.

Same here. Koodo is owned by Telus so coverage is good. I'm paying $45/month for unlimited talk anywhere in Canada , unlimted text and 1GB of data.

Just looked into Koodos plans and I see the $53+ tax plan with unlimited talk and text and unlimited minutes within canada. Is that the total including the monthly tab?

I like $45 plan that you mentioned but it looks like you got a special deal at the store or something like that?

Edited by huzzsaba