looking for Farm fresh milk. NF

huzzsaba

Travelling from Oakville to Goderich on the shores of lake Huron and then down to grand bend, returning back to Oakville in a few weeks. Looking for a place where they sell farm fresh cow's milk (not the watered down version lol).

I am sure there are places but if anyone knows of any farms along those routes (hwy 8 or surrounding highways going to Goderich) I would appreciate it.

Also I am pretty sure you guys know the answer to this, but if I do find that milk, and boil it, I wont get sick right? :wacko:

Edited by huzzsaba

The only place I know of is just outside Alliston. Sheldon's dairy. I believe there are only a few in ontairo allows to pasteurize and sell on site. It's one concession west of hwy 50. In between 20th and 25th sideroads The chocolate milk is crazy good. And they also make Iice cream. Not on the way for you though.

Call around to the local dairy farmers.. They are not supposed to sell raw milk..In the USA farmers are being arrested and hauled off to jail for selling raw milk..Your best bet would be to find a farmer that is willing to "trade" for some fresh raw milk. Perhaps inquire at your local fall fairs.

That's right.

It's illegal for a dairy farmer to sell you raw milk.

The reason is for your own safety.

There are several potential pathogens you can pick up.

The farmers drink it raw themselves but they are used to it. If you're not, DON'T! Especially kids.

Homo milk is barely watered down. About 3% fat.

Thanks for the replies. Its not like I got to have whole milk, but being originally from india, and having tried what they use which I believe is 7%. They use the milk to make their special tea,as well as other things like butter etc. No doubt it can be made with homo milk but its nice once in a while to use the heavier stuff.

I heard some stores like whole foods may carry it, so I will be checking it out.

thanks!

Yeah Its pretty thick but I have no trouble drinking it when I visit the in laws back home. Now the cream that comes up after boiling it is a different story lol. Thats the stuff they make butter with and I literally tried half a spoon of it and it felt like the room was spinning lol.

At home here, I use 2%.

lol yes I have tried all the creams upto 35% just like I would put in coffee. The way the tea is made over there is that it is boiled in the milk for a while. Like I said, I don't have to have it. its just nice to try it once in a while if its available.