my dog took a whoopin. Nf

Went for a quick fish down behind the house today and as usual my husky followed.

She found a big den and got curious. I put my rod down and tried to call her but in the den she went.

It looked vacated but apperently not. I here barking and a bunch of hissing. Oh the smell. So automatically I think family of skunks.

After about 30 second my dog comes running out and battle on. A friggen badger!

Now my dogs are tough as nails and take out wolves and coyotes every year.

But holy crap. All I could do was sit back and watch. That badger whooped my dog all sorts of ways. My friggen dog wouldnt get the point either. This carried on a good 5 minutes before she finally listened and came away yelping.

Talk about crazy.

I know badgers are nuts but ive never seen it in real life like that.

You ever see one get the heck away from it cause itll mess you up.

COOL story, thanks! Glad all parties involved are ok. They are in the Weasel family, which also includes the Wolverine - enough said! Seriously tough and tenacious dude's...pound for pound I don't think anything comes close to that group of critters.

There are none in my area, and I am glad!

I have a Boston Terrier, he is big for a Boston, around 30 pounds, and he thinks my land is his land too, very territorial. I don't mind him chasing the bunnies, but it can look a bit scary for him when he corners a groundhog.

I dont even wanna think about a wolverine. Ive seen one in my life way up on the 502 towards dryden while carrying a tinny into a back lake.

Same thing with the smell, almost like a skunk. Thankfully it just carried on and walked past us

Edited by manitoubass2

Glad to hear that the dog is ok but don't count on it learning a lesson, many dogs would now want to settle the score especially if they are the alpha dog in the house! Just keep an eye on it for a few days and make sure it doesn't try to get back in there.

Wow, never knew the badger was so fierce! "That badger whooped my dog all sorts of ways. My friggen dog wouldnt get the point either."

Kinda of a funny story tho.. must of been the narrative. Glad your buddy is ok!

Wow, glad your dog is okay. I'd be hard pressed not to step in if something like that attacked my dog, but then I'd probably pay the price for that.

I didn't know badgers were so nasty either!!!

Wow, glad your dog is okay. I'd be hard pressed not to step in if something like that attacked my dog, but then I'd probably pay the price for that.

I didn't know badgers were so nasty either!!!

Umm if you seen it go down no way would you get in the middle lol.

Thanks for all the kind words about mah dog. Shes all good?being real shy now. Acting like she let me down lol. Spoil her tonight with some good eats, let her know she did a good job?

Sorry to hear Rick,glad she is ok.They are one fighting till death machine.Watched a documentary a couple weeks back.His big brother the wolverine I did not know they were even nastier. Been known to kill bears and anything in their way.To bad dogs don't know when to back off even if it isn't protecting the family.Instinct I guess.By the way ,from what I heard ,wolverines go right for the neck.A little unnerving to say the least.Hope your dog learned a lesson,for the families sake .