Coyote attack in southeast London park

Following up a previous thread that went mildly sideways...thought it was a timely article

http://london.ctvnews.ca/coyote-attack-in-southeast-london-park-police-issue-warning-1.2365665

Police are asking area residents to be on alert after a female was injured by a coyote early Friday.

A male and a female were reportedly walking through South Branch Park around 8:30 a.m. when a coyote jumped on the female from behind, knocking her to the ground.

As she struggled, she suffered injuries to her arm and face, fortunately her friend was able to pull the coyote off of her, preventing further injury.

She was treated in hospital and released.

Anyone using the trails in the park on the north bank of the Thames River between Adelaide Street North and Egerton Street are reminded to be cautious.

Police say the area is populated by coyotes and people should avoid travelling through the area alone.

Anyone with information on aggressive animals is asked to call Animal Control or London police at 519-661-5670.

Well if they didn't kill it... she'd best be in for a shot in the ass and one in the shoulder.. repeat 3 times. They're no fun... but a lot nicer than the shots thru the stomach. I've had them both...

Edited by irishfield

That's brutal !!!! And just about an hour ago I had a coyote run across the hwy in front of me and it was the biggest one I have ever seen !!!!! I had to slam my brakes on to avoid it !!!!! Just a few km outside of bobcaygeon. !!!!

That's brutal !!!! And just about an hour ago I had a coyote run across the hwy in front of me and it was the biggest one I have ever seen !!!!! I had to slam my brakes on to avoid it !!!!! Just a few km outside of bobcaygeon. !!!!

Eastern timber wold perhaps? They look very similar but are much larger. There have been a couple of them shot not too far from our place in the last couple of years.

Eastern timber wold perhaps? They look very similar but are much larger. There have been a couple of them shot not too far from our place in the last couple of years.

I think I had one on my front lawn a couple years ago Cliff, he was as big as a collie dog and far bigger than any coyote I've ever seen. Can't say for sure it was a wolf but it was certainly my 1st thought.

You should have hit the gas, not the brake!

S.