the golf course is open?NF

manitoubass2

Id imagine we have some golfers here?

Course opens tomorrow and tee time is booked for me and my son! I cant wait...

Golf to me is very much like fishing... enjoying nature, relaxing and just having fun!!!!

Love this time of year, fishing, golf and playoff hockey!!!!

Before I clicked on this I could have sworn Bill's reply was going to be "do you wear the blue and yellow gloves for golfing too?" Hahaha

Post some pictures Rick, it would be interesting to see what the course looks like up there, maybe even a little Fin's and Skins too

Edited by chris.brock

Before I clicked on this I could have sworn Bill's reply was going to be "do you wear the blue and yellow gloves for golfing too?" Hahaha

Post some pictures Rick, it would be interesting to see what the course looks like up there, maybe even a little Fin's and Skins too

Hahaha

Yep ill be taking some pics...

First round of the year Ill be lucky to shoot around 83 ish.

Gonna be fun!!!

Love golf. Used to have a membership every year and get out tons when I worked the continental shifts with days off through the week. Got my game down to high 80's low 90's on a real course. Then I had kids and discovered panfish...so I golfed less. Then I started working Monday to Friday and got a cottage...so I golfed even less. Haven't had my clubs out of the basement for 4 summers now. Just don't make the time for it anymore....BUT...when I retire I fully intend to get some other geriatric buddies and get out at least once a week. One of the things I'm looking forward to in retirement when I have more free time. Right now it's a distant 2nd to fishing and I just don't have time for both.

Miss that sweet sound and feeling when you hit a perfect shot. It's happened twice I think :w00t:

i used to golf a lot in highschool, was a member at North Halton GCC in Georgetown for 3 years handicap was down into the 18 range. Now im lucky if i get out 3 times a year and break 100 ughhh. Its too friggin expensive for a 20 something with a mortgage. Im garbage but my friends are all damn good. The guy i golf with the most is a CPGA pro. Ive gotten to play some fantastic courses simply because I was with him.

Usually during a break in teh summer i get out to Parry Sound Golf and Country Club, shot my best round ever there an 87!

Edited by AKRISONER

I usually play 15-30 rounds a year depending on time. Most of those are on a fairly low brow course but i get out to some decent ones as well.

On a good course im low 80s to low 90s depending on what my driver decides is going happen on a given day lol.

You smash a couple ob early and its hard to regain those strokes on the green.

Akrisoner, north halton is a nice track, played there a few years ago. Miss swatting at the stupid little white ball. Mortgage than kids got in the way of my game and I would not have it any other way. My clubs have been collecting dust for 3 years now. I am hoping to get out this summer.

I usually play 15-30 rounds a year depending on time. Most of those are on a fairly low brow course but i get out to some decent ones as well.

On a good course im low 80s to low 90s depending on what my driver decides is going happen on a given day lol.

You smash a couple ob early and its hard to regain those strokes on the green.

I hear ya. I learned years ago that if my driver isnt doing what I want its 3 wood off the tee. Ill sacrafice that distance for accuracy anyday.

That being said my driver has been very good the last two years. If only I could learn to consistantly hit a draw (I generally hit a fade but can hit straight when I need too).

Its weird cause I can draw all my long irons no prob.

Big Buck, NH is one of my favourite courses of all time, and ive played some pretty prestigious ones.

If anyone is in the GB area Parry Sound is an unbelievably good track for a fantastic value. I suggest early tee times as pace can be horrible on a Saturday, just like any other public course.

The course itself has some absolutely stunning holes encompassing the natural rocky surroundings, I highly highly recommend it.

Guys all complaining about the driver, boys dont you remember? Shoot for show putt for dough, 60 percent of strokes are on the green!

My short game is also pretty tight, but at 6' 250 and golfing with a guy who played all his life i have to show what i got with the big stick?

I average around 270-280 but have crushed a few well over 300. I have also never seen a dog leg right that i didnt think i could get over lol.

Golfing is about consistency and i just dont have that so i have a couple drinks and a good time and let the game play out as it will.

Nothing wrong with a 250 yd drive MB! If you can consistently land on the fairway at 250, then you are doing well!

HH

True enough.

Id really like to get back to about 265, and I think I will this year as I loose some weight and practise.

My 12 year old is obsessed with golf so we get out quite abit in the last 2 seasons. Hes a natural. Cant wait until his lessons this year. He shoots about 93 from the mens tees but last year his best round was 87 which is a friggen miracle.

In my younger days I could hit 280ish but I was WAY more athletic then lol.

But on kitchen creek I can still drive two greens, one is 305 to the front the other is 290. Not sure why but I always drive really good on those two holes.

Then one hole I cant drive 230 haha. No idea why

Golf, shes a funny game

Where do you guys find the money for both?

I think most of us posting are a lil older then you Jeremy. My wife and I both work in good fields, but we manage our money well.

Also green fees around here are pretty good. $35 for 18, so with a cart, some good eats and a few beers(if thats your thing its like $80 for a round.

I get my son and I a membership and it cost 850 in total