accessing site issues

Raf

Raf, no problems here in my phone, on wifi. Or tablet....

Perhaps a ban was placed on the IP block you are currently on?

Reset your modem to pickup a new IP addy... Hopefully it will pick one up outside that block.

G

Are you using Adblock on your browser?

I wasn't able to view the site for the last number of days until my dad recommended I try turning off Firefox's adblock for OFC. I disabled it for this site and it works as normal (except with ads).

I get you are not allowed to visit this community. Pretty sure its an ip ban like gerrit said. Tried with and without adblock. If i use phone as hotspot and connect that way all is good.

You are all blocking a huge teksavvy block if this is the case. 23.233.xxx.xxx

Edited by Raf

ok there are two issues as far as i can see.

1) my ip address appears to be blocked

2) the brown/default skin appears to not work with adblock

I had to search for the button to change skin, found it, changed to mobile and now I can see but not while using my own IP address.

Edited by Raf

We have work tickets in on these issues they are in the base site not from changes we have made to the board.

If you are having an issue please post it here and tell us as much detail as you can and we will pass it on.

Thank you

Art

I have the same problem using chrome and have found the solution to the problem. The administrators to this site have decided that you will not be able to view this site if you use ad blocker as the sponsors ads are hidden. Didn't use to be this way, but now to view this site you must pause ad blocker. When you are finished engage ad blocker and go to the next forum.

Edited by Ralph Field

I have the same problem using chrome and have found the solution to the problem. The administrators to this site have decided that you will not be able to view this site if you use ad blocker as the sponsors ads are hidden. Didn't use to be this way, but now to view this site you must pause ad blocker. When you are finished engage ad blocker and go to the next forum.

The administrators of this site have stated they have done no such thing. They have made no changes that would affect this, they have also stated they are working with IPB towards a solution.

To accuse admin of this site for something they have publicly announced is not within their control is in bad taste in my opinion.

G

Mobile skin option has disappeared, sometimes I switch back and forth from the classic to the mobile skin on my cell phone( mobile skin doesn't give all the functions the main skin does) but now it is gone... The mobile skin saves us mobile users a TON in bandwidth costs the cell companies charge....

just an FYI

G

Mobile skin option has disappeared, sometimes I switch back and forth from the classic to the mobile skin on my cell phone( mobile skin doesn't give all the functions the main skin does) but now it is gone... The mobile skin saves us mobile users a TON in bandwidth costs the cell companies charge....

just an FYI

G

I had a seperate thread about that gerritt. Its there you just cant see it. There is an orange icon bottom left hand of the page, click just to the right of that icon to change the skin

We have work tickets in on these issues they are in the base site not from changes we have made to the board.

If you are having an issue please post it here and tell us as much detail as you can and we will pass it on.

Thank you

Art

THank you Art.

I had a seperate thread about that gerritt. Its there you just cant see it. There is an orange icon bottom left hand of the page, click just to the right of that icon to change the skin

Your right! It is there.... It's invisable though... Same colour as the background... lol thanks Rick!

If you are having an issue please post what is happening as well as the OP you are using. If you have any conspiracy theories keep them to yourself. With the amount of time and effort that Roy is putting into this issue with the IPB the next time you see him you better buy him a beer. None of this will happen fast for now turn off your adblockers and use your browser that works for you in your area. For every ad you have to look at we graciously will accept the 1/20 of a penny we get to improve and buy the bandwidth that keeps this board on line. As I have said many times before

We are very happy that people choose to be here it is a place of great wealth of friends as well as a way to share life with the many friends we and you have made over the past 16 years. With that said it is your choice to be here threats of not using the board will not fix this issue.

Still working on a solution Art

If you are having an issue please post what is happening as well as the OP you are using. If you have any conspiracy theories keep them to yourself. With the amount of time and effort that Roy is putting into this issue with the IPB the next time you see him you better buy him a beer. None of this will happen fast for now turn off your adblockers and use your browser that works for you in your area. For every ad you have to look at we graciously will accept the 1/20 of a penny we get to improve and buy the bandwidth that keeps this board on line. As I have said many times before

We are very happy that people choose to be here it is a place of great wealth of friends as well as a way to share life with the many friends we and you have made over the past 16 years. With that said it is your choice to be here threats of not using the board will not fix this issue.

Still working on a solution Art

Ya.... what he said.... lol

Ive ran a message board in the past. Its hard work at times and pays little to nothing.

Please respect the board owner and moderators.

Obviously they are working hard to solve issues that do come with a message board and updates.

We view and participate on this forum to gain knowledge, have fun and interact with friends.

Please keep that in perspective.

This crew does an amazing job IMO and we should be thankful, not critiquing and insulting.

OFC has stated numerous times to post your issues so they can address them(not create ignorant claims about ads etc)

Rick

I just reverted a copy of ad blocker and it worked fine on the site. After updating it the site on my computer went back to having issues. While IPB is checking on there end to make sure they have no bugs in the closet it appears (in my untrained thought process) that it is the software of the adblocker that has changed and conflicting with the site. I have another site that is also not compatible with the new adblocker download. I will forward this to Roy to send to IPB.

Art